BA redemption availability

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

Good Christmas market!

TiredOldHack
    Participant

I’ve just spent the weekend in Hamburg with Doctor TOH, doing our shopping at the market there. Bloody brilliant.

Oh, and MiniaturLand is fabulous. Especially the airport (to keep this more or less on topic).

dutchyankee
    Participant

@ FDOS_UK – 12/12/2015 10:01 GMT

Thanks for your advice, which I will follow today by booking the seats in WT+. I have 655K avios and my better half over 360K and we are finding it near impossible to use them for flights we actually want. It is most frustrating. Thanks again.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I know this isn’t everyone’s cup of T, but just burned avios for a boys night out in Milan before New Year… with pre drinks in the T5 lounge..

Cheaper than going into the West End…,

icenspice
    Participant

Today I tried to upgrade using avios from WT+ to CW on the return sector to London and got the following message:

‘Upgrade not possible, already travelling in First Class’.

I find this quite strange as AFAIK there is no F on this flight !!

peter19
    Participant

icenspice, i have a CW booking coming up and i also tried a redemption upgrade to first to see if it was possible but got the same message. There is an F cabin on both my sectors concerned, Maybe they are telling us we have a lucky upgrade 😉

icenspice
    Participant

Well, fingers, toes etc. crossed for both LOL peter19.

In my experience, BA is the only airline to dish out free upgrades on a regular basis. And invariably to/from the US.

Have a good trip.

mkcol74
    Participant

@EasternPedlar Isn’t your J seat now in peak dates which would mean you’d need to have spent more Avios in the first instance anyway, irrespective of the upgrade from J to F cost?

Gold-2K
    Participant

Icenspice

I think BA only “dish out” free upgrades because the flight is overbooked. In my experience they only do it when a cabin is full and when they do they are allocated by status.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

When Doctor TOH and myself were still BA blue, and we’d arrived at Singapore airport early, only about four or five years ago, I slapped down the Amex card and asked what it would cost to go back CW (we were in WT).

The check-in lady did ask if we were cardholders. “Only Blue, I’m afraid..” was the only answer. Then she vouchsafed that yes, WT was “oversold” and changed both tickets to CW for the long haul home. Never to be forgotten.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I am a known fan of avios redemptions for short haul European flights and accept the additional charges levied for by BA.

I was looking at an internal flight in the States.. I was SHOCKED at the additional cost for a F redemptions… less than Euros 6 + avios..

Why are we so ripped off for additional charges when using avios in Europe….?

AlanOrton1
    Participant

I find avios redemption intra Asia to work particularly well, particularly on HKG-SIN and vv legs. 10k for Y, 15K, Y+ and 20K for J, and less than £20 in fees.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls