Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Am looking to book flight to BKK mid Jan back 2nd week Feb.

I prefer to fly BA operated aircraft only, due to NCW and the flat NCW seat. Happy to go ex-Europe from Milan. The saving is significant.

What I find strange though is that I get all sorts of combinations offered, from BA operated outbound and QF operated inbound to the reverse, i.e. QF outbound and BA inbound as well as QF both ways. What is more difficult is BA both ways and for the same fare. There is clearly space available on both the BA operated aircraft, but it comes with a higher price than being combined with a QF sector.

BA appear are charging a premium for flying aircraft being operated by them for both the sectors.

The result will probably be that I will use Finnair, but wondered if anyone could offer a reason as to whats happening here with the ticket prices, especially as I thought this route was covered by the Joint Agreement……

VintageKrug
    Participant

They are charging a premium for the exact reason you prefer to fly with them; a fully flat bed in Club World.

Note the BA sale starts tomorrow morning.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“a premium for……………….. a fully flat bed in Club World”

What I don’t understand is that both sectors are available at a cheaper fare, either with a BA code or a QF code share. However, if I select both sectors in NCW (i.e. using either BA or QF code share) I get a higher price.

Further, BA advertise the cheaper fare but do not state in the promotional that this is only available using an inferior Qantas product.

The difference between BA First/NF and Qantas F is more aesthetic, the difference between NCW and Qantas business is a more than aesthetic.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I hope the quotes suggest you are a Kath & Kim fan. Otherwise I could become anorexic with rage.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Thanks for the link to your website!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySnT_5IcWGg

Now back to the thread subject please………………….

Many thanks

travelworld
    Participant

Finnair don’t have a consistent product, though- their A330s with fully flat beds are fine but their angled lie flat I found one of the worst of their type. They have more of the latter than the former and it’s pot luck as to what you get….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls