BA prices ( discount codes)

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

janineashington
    Participant

hi there
    im wondering if anyone could help me? im look to see if there are any discount codes for ba flights from london to south africa? Im looking to take my family there for christmas to see family but the Prices are so high.. ( sigh)..
    Do flights go any cheaper closer to Christmas or do there go up even more?
    any help would be great

thanks

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Discount codes?! If you were a member of BA Executive Club, you would just have been able to avail yourself of a three day only offer for Club World fares at sub-World Traveller Plus prices for the period between mid-December and early January but that’s now been and gone.

You did not say where in SA you wished to go: JNB, CPT, DUR, PLZ…?

BA operates yield maximisation so at peak times, they charge more and the closer to the day, the more prices rise. As Christmas has to be one of the busiest times of the year and with Brits heading off to grab some southern hemisphere Summer sun, I would be very surprised if you were to find anything cheap in the lead up to Christmas. However, if you are able to be flexible, have you tried looking at the immediate post-Christmas period and returning after the New Year return stampede?

I note that there are outbound Y seats LHR-JNB for £467 on Christmas Day to and then the same price for returns from Monday 14 January. LHR-CPT, is more expensive with the cheapest £543 on Sat 29 Dec, (falling to £474 for departures from 1st Jan onwards), returns are £572 from Sun 13 Jan, reducing to £543 from Mon 14 Jan.

It is a straightforward issue of supply and demand. Good luck.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Hi Janine

As Anthony says, it is an expensive route, particularly at Christmas.

This tool may help you search for some options

http://www.skyscanner.net

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls