BA Price Quote Email. No longer available

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Nogbad01
    Participant

On the older BA website it was possible to go through the flight booking process, then before paying, ask for an email of the price etc as a quote.
    Great for getting client sign-off before spending their money.
    I just tried to do that today and it looks like it is no longer available.
    Just another “enhancement” on the horrible new website I guess.
    Anyone know if the quote facility has been hidden somewhere else now?

capetonianm
    Participant

I suspect that as the price can’t be guaranteed, you might as well just do a screen shot of the quote. That would be another step out of the process for BA and they would save a few hundred rupees on the work experience kids who do the website.

I thought that with BA you used to be able to pay a small amount for them to lock the price and hold a provisional booking for a period of 24 hours, but I book so infrequently with BA that I could be wrong.

Nogbad01
    Participant

yes, the price was not fixed, but in my experience, if you chose to then book the flights by clicking the link in the quote, it was usually pretty close.

SimaHir
    Participant

Not quite the same but when booking for my boss I used to be able to print all out/in bound flights on one sheet of paper for him to peruse and decide.

On the new version with the massive font and awkward layout this is nigh impossible. Another example of 1 step forward, two back.

Marc_ACB
    Participant

There is a way to still get the email quote.

Rather than using the fields in the middle of the new BA page, use the drop down/click menu on the top left (under the British Airways logo), click “Flights and holidays” then “flights”. Then follow the wizard and it will take you to the “old” screen, where it offers you “email price quote”

Hope that helps.

Nogbad01
    Participant

Perfect – Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls