BA Payment Problems

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• SouthernOcean
    Participant

Is anyone else having problems paying on the BA website? I want to add a new credit card to my account as some of the existing ones have expired, but it just refuses to allow me to do this. I was forced to use the one remaining saved card that has not expired, not the one I would have preferred.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

I find the BA website very unpredictable in terms of payments but this is a long-standing issues (at least 3-4 years). I have UK credit and debit cards plus a US debit card. I also have a registered UK address. but I am usually logging on and trying to pay from Ghana, where I am based.

Some days it works, other days only the credit card is accepted, sometimes only the US card is refused and sometimes none of them work. This has nothing to do with my banks who have never declined a payment, but the internal maschinations of the BA system. My assumption is that there is a guy sitting in a back office somewhere, rolling dice every time I log on!

2 users thanked author for this post.

SouthernOcean
    Participant

Rolling the dice is an accurate description of my experience!

FormerBA
    Participant

There is not a single aspect of dealing with BA that is either not broken entirely or is on its last legs.

12 weeks on from the IT meltdown and 2 weeks after agreeing my compensation, no money has been received.

Interesting data point.

My flight from SZG to LHR on 26th Feb was cancelled and no alternative offered, I was able to re book a flight an hour later which subsequently was also cancelled.

BA have advised that EU 261 cancellation compensation is to be paid on each flight for 2 people. That is over £800! I had expected a fight on this

NTarrant
    Participant

I had a few issues with a card surcharge being added when it shouldn’t have been. On a couple of occasions I managed to avoid.

On another occasion I emailed them and a couple of weeks later it was refunded

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls