BA passengers served KYC in catering comedy

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

Well done to the staff for the initiative but BA really is becoming a great comedy.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/ba-flight-passengers-served-kfc-british-airways-london-heathrow-turks-caicos-bahamas-b1096798.html

1 user thanked author for this post.

stevescoots
    Participant

better than what you would usually get!

esselle
    Participant

Is this part of Doyle’s “surprise and delight” initiative?

FDOS
    Participant

Here is the menu by class

F – Zinger burger meal or Colonel’s 3 piece meal, with coleslaw or sweet corn side

C – Zinger burger meal or Colonel’s 3 piece meal

W – Zinger burger or Colonel’s 3 pieces

Y – Fries

6 users thanked author for this post.

esselle
    Participant

Accompanied by;

F. Vimto

C. Fizzy pop

W. Squash

Y. Water

3 users thanked author for this post.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

To Fly. To KFC.

5 users thanked author for this post.

FDOS
    Participant

To Fly, To Serve KFC 😉

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I am sure the KFC outlet will be flying high with their new takeaway customer….

nevereconomy
    Participant

A catering SNAFU is not entirely surprising given the way a lot of things work in that part of the world. Good on the crew – it was probably something available close by that could be obtained in quantity. Given the choice of that or nothing and how popular that product is with UK customers, I imagine it was not sniffed at too much. Air travel always has its surprises…

cybertravller
    Participant

Having crewed BA flights in the Caribbean through BA LGW, this has never happened to me in six years of flying. The catering and ground staff are very good; I knew many of them in Antigua. As crew, we would go into the terminal at various destinations as the local food was very good and surprisingly cheap.

I wish I could say the same for the maintenance of the aircraft that BA let out of the hangar. More often than not, I would board an aircraft to see many dreaded yellow INOP stickers.

Well done to the crew for thinking. “outside of the box” but they should not have been put in this scenario in the first place.

4 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

Irn bru,surely….

FDOS
    Participant

“Well done to the crew for thinking. “outside of the box” but they should not have been put in this scenario in the first place.”

In this instance, didn’t they think inside the box? 😉

Inquisitive
    Participant

I will give a lot of credit to local “quick thinking” staff, I must say they kind of save the situation from disaster.
    Probably in a hurry, otherwise they would have loaded biscuits or health drinks like yoghurt for passengers with medical issues.

Question is what BA did after landing? A correct behaviour will be to apologise to all passengers individually at gate with flowers or chocolates. Not sure if that is done.

I recall a long ago, I was in a SQ flight from Singapore to LA (or could be SFO) and the flight was about 4-5 hours late. SQ placed staff at gate first to apologise and handover some chocolates and checked if any assistance required those who had connections. That was a great gesture although not necessary as a service recovery except for the connection assistance.

SimonS1
    Participant

Flowers or chocolates? That’s a joke.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls