BA one of the worst airlines?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• david
    Participant

To be honest, I’m not really surprised. I’ve taken a few flights with BA, and sometimes they’re okay, but other times it’s like luck of the draw with their service.

1 user thanked author for this post.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Doesn´t that sum up the problem with BA? Meaning you cross your fingers and hope it will be alright and/or nothing goes wrong. The true brand experience is how they, in this case the airline and its staff, deal with matters when it does go wrong.

1 user thanked author for this post.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

Based in Accra for the last 5 years, I have been more or less a captive audience for BA in terms of flying to London. I have probably done that route around 20 times since 2018. I usually book WTP and then upgrade the outward (overnight) leg with avios.

I have seen the significant improvement with the introduction of the A350s with their business suites, although I still have a romatic attachment to the upstairs cabin on the 747s. I have also suffered through the limitations of COVID and all the effects that brought.

CL2 is absolutely right that the test comes when something goes wrong and, to be fair, I haven’t had too many problems. One cancellation, which they resolved by routing me via Qatar, which was more than ok. Two late arrivals because of technical issues and both resulted in successful 261 claims.

I have been silver/gold throughout my time here and usually the steward pops over for a welcome greeting or similar but not every time. Food, as always, is a mixed bag. Flights from London are generally decent. Flights from Accra are almost always grim, presumably because of the local supplier they use. IFE has been consistently good, particularly with the new business suites and their larger screen.

So overall I remain reasonably happy with BA and no reason to raise any major complaints, except with their online systems and missing avoid/points, which remain a disgrace and very hard to resolve.

But from May, we are relocating to the Canary Islands so the selection of airlines will be much wider and I will see which one serves us best.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls