BA new first to Sydney?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

PeterLON
    Participant

Hi, I’m looking to surprise my wife for her 2 yearly return trip to see her family in Aus. Following the helpful links people have posted it looks like NF is 100% on BA15 & 16 via SIN. However this is currently a B777 and from looking on BA’s booking website changes to a B747 from March 2012.

Does anybody know if this will change the likelihood of getting NF? I am weighing up BA against Etihad (bus rather than first) and this will help me to decide. Many thanks in advance.

VintageKrug
    Participant

By then you stand a very strong chance of getting new F; but nothing’s yet guaranteed, and if your trip will be ruined by not getting the new cabin, you’d better explore alternatives.

I would strongly recommend the QF A380 F, it’s spiffing:

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/a380/global/en

Do watch out for lengthy layovers with Etihad.

Recordman
    Participant

If you are accompanying your wife, the QF380 F seats are not best suited for couples travelling together. You are better off in 1A or 1K in a BA 747 or 4/5 EF. Doesn’t matter if old F, in flight service on BA is much better than QF. QF cabin crew are told to sit down even in slightest turbulence hindering the serving of life’s bottled necessities!

PeterLON
    Participant

thanks for the responses. think i will go with BA. i did look at QF A380 but i forgot to mention she will be with our 4 year old and therefore need a seat next to each other

Gold-2K
    Participant

If I could not guarantee NF (and BTW i def prefer it on the 777 to 747) I would go with Qantas A380. Fantastic aircraft, cabin and service …… Arrived with no jet lag! Coming back on a BA747 old first felt like something from the age of the Wright Brothers by comparison ….. IMHO.

PeterLON
    Participant

thx for all your advice. really wanted to go with BA but they didnt seem to have anything for F in their sale. Etihad has a good deal currently on F and so I booked with them

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls