BA Miami to LHR – Jan 20

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

Bullfrog
    Participant

I appreciate all the uncertainties due to the snow. However I would appreciate any useful feedback. I am due to fly BA from Miami to LHR in First on Sunday night. In the event of a cancelled flight due to snow, I am worried it may take days for BA to get me to London. Should I have a provisional back up option ? as I must be in London by Wednesday morning.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Bullfrog – A guardian angel suggested you consider changing onto AA56 which is a 777-200 with First and space available.

The AA cancellation rate has been much lower than BA and coordinated in advance as per AA138/9.

BA seem to have posted on time and scheduled on websites but when you follow up they were deplaning people after hours on board.

Do not use AA 38 which is B763 with no first and very high delay rating as older B763 would be lowest risk option and would be no charge change on BA ticket.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Thanks for the ‘heads up’ on AA.

My main concern is whether a BA flight, once in Miami will be able to land LHR or will be diverted. I guess the same would apply to an AA flight departing MIA for LHR.

I would think that being kept on a BA aircraft for hours is unlikely to happen here in MIA.

Are BA long haul flights being diverted from Heathrow ? or once in UK air space, are all BA long haul landing ok at LHR ?

rferguson
    Participant

Hey bullfrog. I wouldn’t worry too much. I think lessons have been learned from previous shambles and while heathrow isn’t performing like clockwork there were a lot of pro-active cancellations. Nearly all of these are BA shortbhaul flights. This has helped as the flow rate for take off and landings was reduced from the usual 44 per hour to ten yesterday.

So although your flight may likely be delayed due to a late inbound aircraft it is unlikely to be cancelled.

Also, diversions have been pretty non-existent.

Good luck!

Bullfrog
    Participant

Very re assuring … thanks rferguson

I’m on the late 205 flight, operated by a 777, so very happy with 2K which should allow me at least 6 hours sleep.

HongKongLady
    Participant

Bullfrog I am awaiting an arrival on Sunday so I have been keeping a check on Heathrow, it does seem to be more a case of delays for long haul rather than redirection. that said there is more snow due in the South east on Sunday but Heathrow does seem to be doing ok, not great you understand but ok 🙂 Good luck and yes 2k will certainly give you a comfy few hours of sleep.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

As long as a plane is diverted to the continent, there shouldnt be any difficulties to get a connection to LHR within a bearable timeframe.

WoburnMan
    Participant

Hi Bullfrog – your in good hands the team in Miami will guide you and as for 2K enjoy your snooze.

Bullfrog
    Participant

It was flight 204 & I have just been informed that my flight has been cancelled. Fortunately I have managed to get a seat on flight 208 .. 2A .. the best seat on the 747.

Lets hope it is on time.

My only concern now is that an aircraft manages to leave Heathrow tomorrow.

WoburnMan
    Participant

Equally a good departure time and you can’t beat a good jumbo jet … 2a your now on the left hand side. The only downside would be you won’t get a good view of our wonderful city on landing on the other hand if you come in over Windsor you will get a great view of the castle …

Bullfrog
    Participant

I’ve landed so many times in London that the view does not bother me. Looking forward to spending some quality time in my home city, enjoying the very tasty food on offer in the many great restaurants.

WoburnMan
    Participant

Quality time in ones home town cant be beaten! I tend to agree Miami has plenty to offer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls