BA: MFU at the airport?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

OnslowSW7
    Participant

Hi,

apologies if this subject has been covered elsewhere- I had a quick scan and couldn’t find anything…

A lot of my travel is corporate travel, and if I am not in F, its a J class ticket. As these tickets are booked by my secretary through a company travel agency there is little opportunity to do a ‘cash and miles’ booking to take the ticket from J to F.

I know a lot of American airlines will allow you to use miles to upgrade at the airport if there is availability. Is this possible on BA? Has anybody any experience of this?

Advice gratefully received!

BA744fan
    Participant

I was at T5 last week, checking in for flight to HKG and enquired about upgrading from WT+ to CW for the return leg to LHR using Avios and was told I had to ring BA. Luckily there was late availabilty and I got my upgrade.

Best advice is to keep checking BA website from about a week before your flight as BA do sometimes release extra reward seats if loads are low.

MontysDouble
    Participant

This can not be done at the airport, and that applies to all airports.

Airport staff can not to Avios transactions or access balances, etc, such matters need to be handled by the Executive Club scheme.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls