BA lounge at Gatwick

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

nigelbrinklow
    Participant

I’m flying to Mauritius in Club from Gatwick next month. Does anyone have any comments on the lounge facilities at Gatwick? I hear they have been improved, but it’s difficult to find any up to date information or comments on line.

Thanks

Nigel

DanDare1975
    Participant

I flew out of Gatwick to the Maldives with my partner at the end of November. We didn’t fly club this time but I am a Silver BA Exec Club member so we get access to the club lounge, and we did spend an hour or so in there, plus I have done several holiday flights on BA from Gatwick in the last few years so I am familiar with the lounge. Unless the facilities have been worked on since November, they still look the same as they have been for the last few years i.e. the lounge is the ‘Terraces’ style lounge rather than the newer ‘Galleries’ style lounges BA have at Heathrow (and also now JFK I believe).

I would have thought that BA would have updated the Gatwick club lounge in line with the facilities at Heathrow but based on my experience in November they haven’t got to that yet. That said, I wouldn’t complain about it at all. I’ve always liked the terraces lounges. At time we were in there (late afternoon) there was plenty of space, lots of different types of seating, free wifi, PCs with internet access and a free bar with the usual selection of wines, beer and spirits.

In terms of food the daytime offering in the Gatwick lounge seems to be a salad cart, sandwiches, cakes and also soup. The selection is quite good but not as broad a selection as you get at Heathrow. We had some food and then made use of the free locker facility to park our hand luggage so we could go and do some duty free shopping without the bags, then we came back and passed some more time with some drinks before boarding the flight. All very civilised and made the pre-flight experience more enjoyable.

pinstripes&airmiles
    Participant

Was there in December, can confirm nothing had changed from what DanDare1975 states.

Lounge still in Terraces format (now only on one floor, there was a time it was spread across two, its the upper floor which has the water feature in it which is still open). Agree that even though the floor space is reduced, there’s still plenty of seating, a separate children’s play area, TV screens, wifi and PCs. Food offering isn’t exactly the same as that in the Galleries at Heathrow – less of a seclection of hot options, but that never really bothers me. Beverage offering on a par with the Galleries Club.

Its not the best lounge in the world, but perfectly adequate for a short-stay.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls