BA lounge access at JFK

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

Deleted_User
    Participant

I am due to fly out of JFK Terminal 7 in a couple of weeks, but not with BA. As a GCH, will I have access to the lounges?

first_class_please
    Participant

Only if you are travelling on a Oneworld carrier with a valid same day boarding pass.

Bruce98
    Participant

simon

Also, if flying in the evening, you won’t be eligible for pre-flight dining (as laid out for the sleeper services) either, as this is reserved for those traveling in BA F or J.

Just mentioned to avoid any embarrassment if you try 🙂

Deleted_User
    Participant

Thanks both for your replies.

As I’m not flying oneworld, I think that’s a NO then!

Bruce98
    Participant

Simon

You used to be able to, until quite recently, but then BA ‘listened to its customers’ and enhanced the product by withdrawing anytime access. Three guesses which poster on this forum will probably find this to be a great idea 😉

Deleted_User
    Participant

Hello Bruce!!

I will have to mull over this policy. Do you know of any other airline/alliance with the same rules?

Best regards

Simon

Deleted_User
    Participant

I have just read the following:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/ba-drops-anytime-access-for-gold-cardholders

a decision made before I joined the forum and before I became a Gold cardholder.

NTarrant
    Participant

I think you have to look at the other side of the coin and why the facility was withdrawn. As a business BA is essentially feeding and watering people who have chosen not to travel with BA.

Whilst as a Gold card holder myself, I never got the chance to make use of the facility and subsequently could have made use of it had it still been in place. Having said that if you went into a BA lounge, found it difficult to get a seat and most of the food had been eaten and half those people in the lounger were not travelling on BA or a oneworld partner, I know how I would feel.

Bruce98
    Participant

Hi Simon

“I will have to mull over this policy. Do you know of any other airline/alliance with the same rules?”

I am not aware of any, it was a differentiator for BA and they seemed to decide they didn’t need to differentiate

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls