BA LHR to CAI

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• DNAdams
    Participant

Hi, I have a question about BA LHR to CAI service in J. I know that they use a A321 with the old BMI business class seats. Has anyone tried this service? if so what do you think.
    I am keen to know about the meal service on the return as it leaves CAI at 3:45am. Do you get breakfast or even if it is a full meal service?
    Also, is the lounge in CAI dry even for BA pax?
    Your thoughts and advice would be very much appreciated.
    Thank you.
    David

DavidArnold
    Participant

Good afternoon DNAdams. I have flown the A321 many times in Club World and please if travelling alone choose the single throne seats as they are more private and spacious compared to the twin seats. This is very similar to other carriers such as Swiss and Austrian and l have always enjoyed the food and beverage service regardless of flight times. My flights on the A321 have been to Moscow and Amman and you will be offered a light service at such an early hour and a breakfast meal prior to your arrival into LHR. Have a great flight.

JJ
    Participant

Hi David

BA Source are showing 787-8 and 787-9 for this route, which tallies with what I tracked overhead of me the other day on Flight radar.

May be seasonal equipment changes though….

J

shooby
    Participant

Hello.

The BA155 is now a 787-900 aircraft. At certain times of the year, depending on the BA schedule, this service is operated by a longhaul A321. The flight departure time can vary between either 1715 or 1745 or even 1815. The meal service in club tends to be a light starter option of smoked salmon, a main meal consisting of pasta, seafood option, chicken and rice or at times steak with vegetables and a desert.

The return sector from Cairo to Heathrow either departs at 08am or 09am. Meal service tends to be Breakfast. hope this helps.

Simon58
    Participant

Good morning David

During the Winter they downgrade to product to a A321 with Club World product (not the conventional one found on BA wide bodied aircraft) and yes for single passengers the ‘throne’ seats are the best. This coming Winter it will be the first time they depart CAI at 03.45am. In my view the 8am/930am departure is much better.

During the Summer season, BA operates a Boeing 787 (both 788 and 789) on the route. The 789 has first class (rows 1 & 2) but do not sell it as such. On doing seat selection at time of booking or doing web check-in Rows 1 & 2 never appear to be available but are occupied by passengers.

Its good to see that BA use another lounge in CAI (not dry) so no additional security check is required on leaving the lounge to go to the gate.

DNAdams
    Participant

Thank you all for your help and advice – much appreciated.

I am planning to use this route in the winter so it will be a A321, at least for the dates I selected it is. I was not aware that the 787 is used in the summer months.

The timings seem to be very different in the winter and the return from CAI is at 03.45am so I was wondering what the meal service would be at such an hour.

Simon58
    Participant

This will be the first Winter that BA don’t night-stop the aircraft in CAI. As for catering ex CAI, I would expect Breakfast to be served – question will be to serve it after take off or 2hrs prior to arrival?

Swissdiver
    Participant

Honestly, at 3:45 in the morning, I am not after food, but sleep. And since it is a rather short flight, having breakfast in the arrival lounge at LHR might be the best option to have at least a few hours sleep in the air.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls