BA LHR lounge – are the showers and spa only for CW/1st class passengers?

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• MarkivJ
    Participant

Hi folks,

Wow, 3 questions in the last 5 days to this forum – must be some kind of record for me!

Are the showers and spa (free complimentary massage) open only to those flying on CW or 1st class cabins? I’m Emerald OW. Could I avail of a shower if I were flying Economy on BA? (as I will be, next month LHR – PSA).

FDOS_UK
    Participant

You will be able to access the showers (I have done, many times) – I’m unsure about the spa, but imagine that may be complimentary for F only.

1 user thanked author for this post.

ontherunhome
    Participant

Dear Marvik

I sometimes take a spa treatment, when not flying in a Business or First cabin, as I too have emerald. It is often subject to availability. Showers, not sure.

Likewise you can use the arrivals lounge in T5 if emerald after travel in any class, you cant bring a guest though. ( the nice lady did let me bring my son on one trip as it was quiet)

Best wishes

Switzerlanding
    Participant

I’m pretty sure that as an economy PAX the arrivals lounge (as OW Emerald/BAEC Gold) is only available when flying in from long haul and not short haul.

coudntthinkofaname
    Participant

Hi Markiv
    As a OWE you can use the showers and, subject to availability, the Spa (F customers can prebook). And yep, as Switzerlanding says, the arrivals lounge at T5 is for F passengers and OWEs flying in on a longhaul flight.
    C

MarkivJ
    Participant

Thanks for your responses. I should’ve specified – this is for the Departure lounges.

To add some context: I’ll be arriving in T4 ~2pm (KLM, BLR – LHR ex AMS). My BA flight to PSA is at 510p. First goal is to get to T5. Assuming I have time, I’d love to shower after that overnighter.

I wanted to clarify because they note down passenger info for both shower and the complimentary 15min facial/massage, so I presumed perhaps not all classes were eligible (meaning – just because you’re eligible to enter the Galleries lounge doesn’t mean you get to use the shower facilities).

ExecPlatAA
    Participant

Are you sure you are OWE? Odd questions (this and a couple others you asked earlier – seat assignment charge etc) for a OWE. At any rate – any class is OK, as long as you are OWE.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Hi MarkivJ -please forgive me if I have this wrong, but I believe you said you were arriving in T4 on a KLM flight before transferring to T5 for a BA flight to Pisa.

In this case I do not believe you would be able to access the BA T5 arrival lounge as you will be arriving on a KLM flight.

In the T5 departure lounge, I don’t think you can use the Elemis Spa as you will not be travelling long haul in J or F. (Or are a BA GCH).

I belive you’ll be able to take a shower in the BA departure lounges in T5.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Peeps – please read the OPs posts!

He is arriving on KLM, but seeking to use the BA departure lounges.

[quote quote=877575]Are you sure you are OWE? Odd questions (this and a couple others you asked earlier – seat assignment charge etc) for a OWE. At any rate – any class is OK, as long as you are OWE.[/quote]

OP was enquiring about his parents, travelling separately – they would have to pay if he wasn’t on the same PNR (which he wasn’t).

MarkivJ
    Participant

[quote quote=877596]
    In the T5 departure lounge, I don’t think you can use the Elemis Spa as you will not be travelling long haul in J or F. (Or are a BA GCH). I belive you’ll be able to take a shower in the BA departure lounges in T5.[/quote]
    Thank you. That’s what I thought – be able to take a shower but probably not get my complimentary 15 min treatment.

MarkivJ
    Participant

[quote quote=877575]Are you sure you are OWE? Odd questions (this and a couple others you asked earlier – seat assignment charge etc) for a OWE. At any rate – any class is OK, as long as you are OWE.[/quote]

I’d prefer not to respond to your remark, please try keeping your comments professional.

Not that I need to explain myself, but if you had taken time to read my other post about seat assignment, nothing “odd” about my post. I’ve always booked BA and Oneworld tickets only for myself as an AA Exec Plat (OWE). This was the first time I was booking tickets for someone else who have no membership with either BA or on any OW airline, and hence surprised they asked for a fee.

Likewise, I’ve never used the BA lounge in LHR when flying on economy (as most of my flights to/from LHR have been on J for as long as I’ve had exec plat status). I’ve seen them ask for boarding cards at the shower/hydrotherapy desk, and specifically ask for the class as well, hence I asked this question. Again, nothing “odd”.

So again, remember this is called a community for a reason – it’s meant to be a conducive platform to ask questions and get quality responses. If you find my posts or questions odd, pls don’t feel pressurised or compelled to respond. I know I won’t miss your ahemm…. “insights” 😉

SwissExPat
    Participant

NOte, The spa and showers in T5 are in an area that is NOT after any boarding card checkpoint. You travel up the escalator and can either continue up to the J lounge on level 2, or stay on the 1st floor and visit the F or CCR lounge but the reception desk for Elemis Spa is on its own. Hence the staff there need to check for your entitlement for access to the Showers and Spa.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls