BA Have Crystal Balls

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• thecartoonman
    Participant

@travelworld

Don’t you just love these large corporations like BA, here is a clip from Norton Rose Fulbright’s web site – ‘We have more than 4000 lawyers and other legal staff working across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia’.

I dare say they will send a junior along armed with a couple of law books and a large folder of papers, maybe with an assistant, but even he will be charging BA £500+ per hour, pigs at a trough come to mind here, all this for a €600 claim.

If you are certain of your facts, in an issue which would appear to be fairly black and white, then from experience the Judge will have little time for this ‘sledgehammer’ approach from BA and their ‘fancy lawyers’ and will award you judgment + costs.

He may even award you additional costs for travelling and time off work if he thinks their defence lacked merit from a law firm that should have known better and was just wasting valuable court time.

For all us little guys the very best of luck in your case, keep us posted.

travelworld
    Participant

@thecartoonman

Actually I’m a lawyer myself (although a litigant in person on this case). But I think you’re right…

christopheL
    Participant

It’s all about culture. Ethic is nothing when it comes to money. One pound is one pound isn’t it ?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=820494]It’s all about culture. Ethic is nothing when it comes to money. One pound is one pound isn’t it ?

[/quote]

Not necessarily, if you expect to get it next year, it may only be worth 97.5p by today’s values 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls