BA Greek Destinations

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

Potakas
    Participant

I was surfing at BA’s web page when i noticed that they added new destinations to Greece such as Chania, Mykonos, Heraklion etc.

I tried to check prices for those destinations but this message appears:

”We are unable to find seats for your journey. The most common reasons for this are:

You may have requested a route that we do not operate at that time of year.

We may not fly to the destination you have chosen.”

Also i checked with their route maps and those places don’t appear.

Any opinions about this incident ? I would like to mention that those destinations are new and didn’t exist before

Regards

Potakas

Binman62
    Participant

I was aware that they operated to Chania and Heraklion in summer months some years ago but withdrew. I think from LGW

BA’s web site is really not that good when trying to book flights to offline destinations even when they have a codeshare. (rumours abound it is about to change) For example, Denpasar is served via HKG on Cathay code share but you will not find it in the destination box and cannot book via BA.com. In recent years I have started using AA.com when planning trips as not only will it provide routings and the best fares, but will also give you the fare basis and fare code. A call to the originating carriers sales line (generally BA) with the details has always resulted in them selling me the the fare I have obtained elsewhere. If the agent is really switched on, they have sometimes even beaten it, but that is rare

Handy, if like me, you book and pay for your own tickets.

continentalclub
    Participant

Binman62: there’s a ‘Feedback Survey’ running on ba.com at the moment:

http://bit.ly/dCHG8z

– perhaps that would be a good way of pointing out the codeshare-booking weakness?

I know that improvements have already been made, and that there are indeed reports of more to come, but relating your experience would I’m sure help the development of the functionality that you describe to be prioritised.

Binman62
    Participant

Continentalclub…………Thanks just completed it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls