BA Gatwick B777-200 fleet upgrade anytime?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• Kass
    Participant

Yes they are putting more seats across per row on LGW Aircraft so assume they will up date then

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

I have recently come back from GND and UVF. This was the 4 cabin in WT+, as ever, I wrote in on return expressing my disapointment that nothing has changed since my experience to BGI 5 years ago. Mobile phone screens are now bigger than what is in the seat infront of you.
    The breakfast in premium economy is also an embarrassment for the crew to serve, I suggested they served a M+S all day breakfast sandwich or something now they are working with them… what would that really cost for a maximum of 36 pax in Premium Y? Let along the higher perceived value of their service that would come with it.
    I did not get much of a response other than the usual…..”new 787, 380 being introduced blah blah”…. yeah, ex LHR was my reply.
    Indeed, the only thing we are likely to see is 10 across in economy on a 772!. That would not affect me, if I did fly economy I would 100% fly on VS new A330 on many carib routes, or even the charters. We see many airlines offering 10 abreat in the 773… BA do not use this Ex LGW so what are they doing?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

AhMrBond – In fact BA is following others in retrofitting its B777-200s for 10-abreast in economy.

For example, KLM started back in November 2014.

KLM revamps B777 economy seating

AlanOrton1
    Participant

So for LGW based aircraft (or pax flying them) it sounds like it is a bit of a double edged sword:

2018 – positive – updated WTP, much needed

2018 – negative – 10 across in Y

Slightly off topic, but with the new BA lounges at LGW, does anyone know if there is an arrivals lounge. I suspect not, but someone more knowledgable may know….

In terms of the 2nd ‘meal’ service in WTP, I think this is generally the same as in Y, so a minimal offering

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls