BA Full English to Manchester?

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

WhiteDart
    Participant

Hello,

I was wondering if BA still did a full english on flights before 10am to Manchester? I’m weighing up the possibility of flying one direction, training back?

Baggageinhall
    Participant

No. If you want a full English, Virgin Trains First Class is your only option

WhiteDart
    Participant

So what do they offer on BA?

Baggageinhall
    Participant

A truly disgusting microwaved ‘breakfast roll’.

Yuk

RogEdwards
    Participant

On LHR – MAN it is a bacon pannini I think. Gatwick flights get the full English because the flight is longer.

NTarrant
    Participant

LHR-MAN has not had a full English for at least over six years, the breakfast roll contents do vary. Depends on your taste but they are usually quite good.

LGW-MAN is usually the full Breakfast, as the flight is, as the previous post says, long enough to serve.

British1
    Participant

There used to be full English breakfasts served on the Gatwick Manchester flights but this has recently changed with all the reductions to the catering on BA flights. Since the beginning of September on flights between Gatwick and Manchester it is now a Warm breakfast roll served to be in line with what is offered on Heathrow – Manchester flights.

r ryan
    Participant

Recently i flew the 7am BA flight Zurich to LHR, change then to Glasgow.
    the breakfast on the ZRH-LHR leg was a truly revolting cold plastic bun that had a liquid faux cheese injected into it (they hadn’t even cut the bun). the coffee was weak, revolting and barely warm. the crew were very unhappy and after flinging (literally) the bun on a high speed pass down the aisle, they completely disappeared. on the connecting flight to Glasgow they did serve a hot breakfast..it was a typical Full English in that it glistened with fat, but was tasteless, and the crew started the service so late and were so disorganisedt the aircraft began descent before they got to the back. my tray was still on the floor when we landed.

British1
    Participant

But flying fox, I don’t think that answers the Original question. Maybe airlinequality.com is a better place to put your trip report?

seanyjmuclhr
    Participant

Agree with baggageinhall, take a Virgin train service instead, go 1st class and enjoy the 2 hour trip from Euston to Man Piccadilly while tucking into a tasty breakfast. I have given up expecting anything remotely appetising and filling from BA.

NTarrant
    Participant

I agree the Virgin breakfast in 1st class is very good, but it is freshly prepared on the train and served from a hot plate on to a china plate. You can’t really compare like for like when one is freshly prepared and the other is not.

A plus point also with Virgin trains is that they use real milk instead of those silly styk things which sprays you and other passengers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls