BA – frustrated again by IT glitches

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Stormin
    Participant

I try not to criticise BA but its so so so annoying when they send Exec Club members a mandatory instruction to change their passwords due to a data breach ….their IT system tells you that the change has been successful BUT you have been locked out because the password hasn’t really been accepted.

Come on BA … be better !

2 users thanked author for this post.

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

I, too, received the e-mail earlier today.

Dear Customer,

We take the protection of your data very seriously.

We have been notified of a data breach at global technology company SITA, an IT services provider to many airlines around the world. SITA is not British Airways’ booking and reservations system provider and SITA’s breach does not involve our customers’ financial information or password as SITA does not have access to this data. Please be reassured that this incident was not a breach of British Airways’ systems.

Along with many other airlines, we do share limited information with partner airlines in order to enhance your experience when flying with them. We have been notified by SITA that some British Airways Executive Club Members’ names, membership numbers and some of their preferences, such as seating, has been impacted.

The password you use for your account is not held by SITA and has not been put at risk by this breach.

As a precaution, given the potential that customers have re-used passwords used for other websites, we are taking the following action to protect you:
    • Please log into your account and reset your password
    • Please create a new password that you have not used elsewhere
    • Once your password has been reset and you have completed a verification step, you will be able to regain full access to your account

Two points to comment on here:

1) Although they state my password has not been put at risk, they still want me to change the password?

2) I followed the link to reset my password and now ba.com says,

Sorry
    We are not able to recognise the membership number that you have supplied. Please check and re-enter
    .”

Anyone else, or is it just me?

4 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Haven’t used my BA for so long, had forgotten my online access details.. when eventually found, same as above

“Sorry
    We are not able to recognise the membership number that you have supplied. Please check and re-enter.”

Even a password reset doesn’t work, although the change password option was received at my email..

Hopefully will be sorted by the time the world reopens…

Montysaurus
    Participant

It happened to my wife and I. See my 2 posts on Hopeless British Airways.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls