BA – frustrated again by IT glitches – Apology

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• ASK1945
    Participant

Apologies to the OP. It was me who inadvertently “reported” this message, when I meant to send a thanks. The topic has been locked, so I amhaving to create a new one for offering my apology.

3 users thanked author for this post.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Not just British Airways. I had a similar message about SITA from Malaysian.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Did not get the message from BA, for some reason. But Miles & More sent me this:

Between 21.1. and 11.2.2021, a data breach occurred at a service provider of one of our Star Alliance partners. The incident involved hackers penetrating a booking system and accessing customer data from Star Alliance partners.

The data in question relates exclusively to service card numbers, status level and in some cases names. Unfortunately, your customer data is also affected. You can rest assured, however, that no passwords, email addresses or other personal customer data were stolen in the incident.

Transparency is a top priority for us at Miles & More. That is why we are hereby informing you about the incident, although it took place outside the Lufthansa Group. There is no need for you to take any action in this matter.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Just read in TLFL that all Star Alliance members may have been affected as they use SITA.

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

My ba.com a/c is now accessible once more.

ASK1945
    Participant

……………………. mine also came back again earlier today (Saturday). But no apology or explanation attached.

canucklad
    Participant

As an aside , but related to this topic, I recommended a programme on National Geographic.

Inside North Korea — Brilliant and scary insight into state authorised cyber hacking using blackmail of predominately western based companies to raise capital to make up for the shortfall of foreign currency created by sanctions.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls