BA: Free iPhone, Blackberry & Android Apps Launched

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

• Bunnahabhain
    Participant

I’d say even without the login to EC account, the other functions like timetables still make the app worthwhile having, and it does seem to run smoothly with immediate transition between screens. I wonder if you can use the check-in and mobile boarding pass (for LHR/EDI as a starter) functions if you’re not a EC member.

Need mobile boarding passes from easyJet and Flybe now.

VintageKrug
    Participant

You do need to be a BAEC member to use Boarding Pass functionality.

Another good reason to sign up.

BA have called me and let me know they are looking into my login issue, and this should be rectified tomorrow.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

continentalclub
    Participant

By way of update, BA have in the last day released an upgrade to the iPhone app. iPhone and iPad users should go to the App Store where the download will be available.

New users may wish to view the information page on BA.com at:

http://bit.ly/9vRWDn

New features include:

– Gate info for your next flight from Heathrow T5

– Email your booking details

– Add booking details to calendar (including online check-in reminder alerts)

– Select how long you want old bookings to be displayed

– Executive Club Lounge wi-fi password display (for Silver and Gold members only)

– View recent Executive Club transactions

– Associate an existing booking with your Executive Club account

– Save favourite cities

As before, it’s intended that Android and Blackberry upgrades will follow.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

The app still crashes every time and returns to the home screen when using the flight info section, irrespective of whether I am logged in or not. All of the logged in functions work ok. And it doesn’t matter whether the timetable search is for lots of data (such as departures from LHR over the next 4 hours) or relatively little such as ABZ with only one route, it just can’t seem to retrieve the flight schedules / running info. Anyone else noticed this?

Just tried on the iPad and it works ok – same home wifi network as the iPhone – weird.

Gold-2K
    Participant

I have installed on a blackberry storm and it works fine. No problems at all. Very stable.

Binman62
    Participant

Can’t comment on the apps as I do not use them, but for some weeks now I have been unable to access my execuitive club account on the first attempt. Card number and pin are correct but it alwasy takes two tries. using Windows 7 and explorer. When using W7 and Chrome it is a one hit wonder….

TominScotland
    Participant

Just started to use the app on my iPhone and pleased that others find it unproblematic!
    My next BA booking, in February, is recognised on ba.com under Manage my Booking. However, the iPhone app does not recognise it and tells me that I am not a passenger on this flight!! I think I will stick to the online route until this bug irons itself out…..

robsmith100
    Participant

I use the app on an Android based phone and have never had any problems. Since being released it has had only one upgrade.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Binman I’ve had the same problem of logging into the BA website taking 2 attempts for some time with both Windows Vista and 7, although it’s not every time so can’t offer any logical explanation, as seems to often be the case with such issues. My admittedly minor problems with the BA app on the iPhone only are the same, fortunately the logged in features like account details, future bookings, checkin and boarding pass have always worked perfectly across all versions. General flight info is available via many other apps.

continentalclub
    Participant

By way of further update, BA have in the last day released the promised upgrade to the Blackberry app.

New users may wish to view the information page on BA.com at:

New features include:

– Gate Number Alerts to your phone (when flying from T5)

– Add an existing booking with your Executive Club account

– Executive Club Lounge wi-fi password display (for Silver and Gold members only)

– Enhanced calendar integration. The calendar entries now link directly to the boarding pass or flight details page.

The Android update will hopefully be along shortly.

continentalclub
    Participant

A further update to the iPhone App has been released today.

Version 3.0 gives you the option of purchasing a fixed-price cabin upgrade (subject to availability) on direct shorthaul and longhaul flights, straight from the iPhone.

Eligible customers will see a prompt on the BA app homepage offering them an upgrade to the next cabin when available. Bookings can be made directly through the mobile app using the card details stored from the original booking. Customers will be entitled to all the benefits of the higher cabin they are upgrading to, including the full onboard service, increased baggage allowance and Tier Points.

Other updates in the release include:

· More information about your Executive Club account, including how many Tier Points and BA Miles are needed to upgrade to the next Tier
    · Next flight times will automatically refresh when the app is started

The upgrade options, when available, will apply to all cabin classes, and will be for a one-class upgrade (ie Premium Economy to Business, Business to First).

If the booking is for more than one person then the whole party would need to be upgraded, though this will be clearly communicated prior to booking.

Upgrade opportunities, when offered, will be available on BA marketed and operated flights, rather than codeshares etc.

Upgrades through the mobile app will be made with the payment card associated with the initial booking.

Existing users will see the update available from the App Store; new users can find further information at:

Apparently, there is an iOS issue with calendar integration for the iPhone App, so this feature has been temporarily disabled while BA work on a reliable fix. Apparently iOS struggles with time zone time changes and until the problem is resolved it is being de-activated.

Feedback on the BA mobile apps is invited at:

http://tidd.ly/c3455841

BA has now launched its mobile boarding app for Windows 7 users:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/ba-launches-windows-7-mobile-boarding-app

Tim2soza
    Participant

At risk of being berated for a plug, my company has a iPhone App template that used to make an App that could read in the BT forum RSS. Main benefit would be the ability to read the forum updates offline while in the air from your iPhone/iPad via a dedicated App.

Happy to offer this free to BT / BT forum members if BT could give permission to use their RSS feed, and folks think it could be of value. The App itself would be free to users.

To stress, a free offer which I hope will be of benefit to the forum. My apologies if this is not of value. For the record, I have just done the local rugby club and we are in the middle of doing the local Scout group.

continentalclub
    Participant

It seems that a new Android App has just been launched, as well as some updates to the Windows Phone App. The Android App, like the iPhone one, now offers non Executive Club members the use of mobile boarding passes.

JFK, Washington and Philadelphia airports are the first US stations to accept mobile boarding passes for BA flights to the UK, and Jeddah, Lagos and Riyadh have just been enabled too. All exUK flights are already enabled, with the exception of London City to JFK.

Windows Phone users can now ‘pin’ their boarding passes to their homescreen. There’s a video on YouTube which explains the latest Windows developments:

http://tidd.ly/44a79433

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls