BA First launch?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Anonymous

Bradders
    Participant

Anyone know the latest with BA’s new First product rollout? The last I heard it was looking like an autumn launch, but not had any updates recently. Given all that’s going on with them at the moment i wouldn’t be surpised if it was delayed…

viking01
    Participant

I asked recently. The answer from the purser was a smile that seemed to say, “Don’t hold your breath”

wishee71
    Participant

Got a similar response from the CSM on a recent flight. Was not willing to commit to an answer, probably be held back for a while given circumstances.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Those cabin crew who do know about new F have signed strict non-disclosure clauses.

The new BA First cabin will be rolled out in Q4 2009.

Stephen787
    Participant

A few weeks ago the First crew told me the new seating would be avail early 2010 and will include a closet/locker to overcome the lack of storage in the curent seat. This is due to the all the bedding and amenties to be stored.

viking01
    Participant

They do need that.

On a recent flight I noticed that one of the FAs was standing in the vacant First seat next to me with a giant green bag.

Gave me a bit of a turn since I thought it was a body bag and she was going to lay some deceased passenger out next to me, something I’ve heard about in the past.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-420484/BA-passengers-share-class-cabin-dead-traveller.html

In fact it was just one of several that was then filled with the duvets and pillows which had been used on that flight. Much less alarming. Once filled, the three large bags completely occupied the vacant seat.

When there isn’t a spare seat in First, these same bags are apparently stacked in front of one of the doors / exits !

Something soft to jump onto in case of emergency?

GoonerLondon
    Participant

I think you will find the bag of used bedding is stowed before approach and landing…

Anyway. The most recent BA Staff magazine has revealed 10 ‘faces of First’ – the members of staff chosen to be part of the launch of First in the Autumn. So it seems it is all on track for Q4.

ajs123uk
    Participant

Just to clarify the duvet bags are never stowed by an exit for landing!! They are in fact put in the First class loos!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Here is a pic of the new First Class cabin:

http://www.leggatts.co.uk/images/bafirst.png

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

I’ve heard from a reliable source that BA have integrated personal lockers into the seat design thus removing the need for that cupboard in the front of the 747’s between 1A and 1K ! Great!!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Word on the street is that some form of “fireplace” might be incorporated into the design…this would link nicely with the “fireplaces” in the Concorde Room as a design leitmotif.

We shall see….

Stephen787
    Participant

As long as the service on board stays higher than that in the Concorde Room. IMHO the staff there are just lazy and ruin all the hard work put into the design of the lounge.

Account_Deleted
    Participant

Account deleted

continentalclub
    Participant

The new First seat and wall panelling, with the new window treatment, has reportedly been installed in the T5 Crew Report Centre, as part of the staff familiarisation programme.

Hopefully, we’ll be seeing same very soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls