BA First A380 to Miami

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

• Andrew66
    Participant

Hi. It appears it is only for Golds , I flew in F but pre booked a meet and greet service with Ahlan ( a local service provider ) also marhaba do the same . Booked via their website , not through BA .
    I had to pay for this service as I am only a Silver :-(. !! But Esselle confirmed that its the only place they know of where Golds get this service
    .I imagine booked through the BAEC , not sure if you have to be a Gold flying in F ??

We’re currently staying around The Walk area , and are back in March staying around the Creek area , the Marina area is next on the list , previously we have stayed in Hatta , Al Ain and RAK , and a couple of desert resorts , we like it here ! 🙂

SGJNI1961
    Participant

I am Gold but have previously used the paid service you mention ( and found it well worth the modest charge). Going for Christmas again and now don’t know what to do. Staying again in The Intercontinental Festival City which might seem odd at first glance but we are really not beach lovers and this hotel ticks all the boxes, service and good pools with a great view and well designed. As taxi’s are so cheap, getting “downtown” is easy and The Festival Mall while small, has it’s own charms. Oh, and DXB is 10 mins and you would never know.

Andrew66
    Participant

We would certainly use the meet and greet again , for good service and time saved , it’s worth the outlay .
    The other couple on our flight who were Gold I assume ? ( in 1A/1K ) followed the same route as us , so no difference in service , it might be worth contacting BAEC to arrange this ?

Enjoy your Christmas break , and the bonus is that this year the 25/12 is on Friday , Brunch day !!

esselle
    Participant

I think the service is only for Golds flying F, as there were three of us from the F cabin who were met, but nobody else. It is not something you book though, it is just something which BA lay on.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

American have a meet and greet service (departure and arrival) at selected airports including of course London Heathrow.

https://www.americanairlines.co.uk/i18n/travelInformation/fiveStar.jsp?locale=en_GB#

Quite a unique service and far cheaper than the £1,800 BAA were once / still offering..

chriswiles
    Participant

This is interesting.

I’ve just travelled out Business on the A380 to Miami and came back on the 747 (Business, upstairs).

The A380 is superb experience. Was really impressed with the service. So efficient that they kept coming around and topping up our glasses, often offered us additional nuts, food and asked if we needed anything else. The entertainment system is an upgrade and the toilets were like changing rooms compared to the dated 747.

We were also impressed with the First Class Terminal 3 lounge. Plenty of champagne, few people at the bar, a sit down meal service and a fairly quiet lounge, overall.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Nice to hear it .

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls