BA Fare Rules

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

TheMidasGold
    Participant

I’m currently travelling on business in South America and need a copy of the fare rules for my BA ticket to justify a change fee incurred for a change of date on my booking.

Fare rules can’t be accessed via ‘Manage My Booking’ would you believe, so I e-mailed the Executive Club who have told me and I quote:

“It is not possible to email you the actual rules which you agreed to as, upon acceptance, they are stored in the reservation but are not in a printable form”.

I am simply dumfounded that the rules I agree to when I make a booking cannot be accessed after I have completed the booking.

Someone, somewhere at BA, please sort this out!

Bullfrog
    Participant

A few years ago I was travelling through Asia & Australia with CX in First Class. I definitely had a restricted ticket but CX had no problem looking after me & caring for my needs. There was never any reference to my ticket conditions .. CX understand the meaning of Customer Care.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@TheMidaGold – for future reference, if you book your tickets on line, the ticket t & c’s can be saved by cutting and pasting into word.

Whilst in BKK recently, I needed to change a sector on my ex-Europe ticket and with the BA office closed for the weekend and a public holiday on my departure date back home, I had to ask my brother to speak to the UK BA ticket office. I emailed a copy of the ticket t & c’s I had saved.

The UK ticket office still took over 30 minutes agreeing to change a ticket, they said was not changeable, but the t & c’s quite clearly confirmed were changable. I even prepped my brother that there would be a change fee of £29.50 to cover some extra APD, which suprised the agent.

My advice to you is to find a BA ticket office and insist on looking at the screen where the t & c’s will undoubtadly be. Alternatively, try calling the UK or getting someone to call the UK ticket office, which may require some “creativity” due to data protection.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls