BA Exec – UK or France as home address

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

Bullfrog
    Participant

I know there have been previous threads, but would be grateful for guidance.

I have an infrequent long haul travel pattern, perhaps twice a year to USA preferably in First or Business Class. Having just gained Silver, and living between France & UK, I am wondering whether to change my membership to France which would mean foregoing the Amex Companion Voucher.

However with 250,000 Avios points, I am inclined to move to the new Virgin Amex / Visa. I have no problem with the VS Upper Class seat, but appreciate their destinations are limited.

All feedback gratefully received.

stifle1
    Participant

Given that the lower tier point thresholds for European members are going away effective March 2012 (with two years’ grandfathering for anyone who achieves silver or gold before then), there’s a lot less motivation to move one’s BA EC account to continental Europe now.

first_class_please
    Participant

I’ve lived outside the UK for over 10 years now, but still maintain a UK address to use the Amex card and the companion vouchers. Don’t tink hat can be beaten, especially if you use it for First class.

TheMidasGold
    Participant

You’re able to change your address on your Executive Club account every six months.

Even if you don’t have a UK address your AMEX card will still accrue miles, but they won’t be credited to your account. They’ll effectively be stored by AMEX. The same goes for your AMEX card. Once you’ve reached your £10k spend threshold, the voucher can’t be sent to BA as you have a non-UK account.

What you could then do is change your address back to a UK one, phone AMEX and ask them to credit the miles and voucher, explaining that you have moved back to the UK. It took me 14 days to get miles and voucher credited.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls