BA Embraer AMS-LCY -Y

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

MarcusUK
    Participant

Flew this week, owing to changes in my schedule usually using Cityjet (AF/KLM).

Check in was in T3 Schiphol?
    Why when you depart form D, and Iberia passengers would then have to go through into the Schengen area, meaning immigration twice, and security…?
    It took 20 minutes to queue for bag drop, when 12 passengers were waiting, in a dim area of the airport alongside Ibieria.
    It took 20 minutes to walk to D from there…
    Aircraft was reported to be 30 minutes late, with differing reasons being given, either winds or the “Change in Aircraft at LCY”.
    No other flights ran late on Cityjet, so the winds must be different for BA!
    The flight was one hour late.
    It was 30% occupied.
    The Aircraft was turbulent, and felt more like driving over gravel into LCY, though i haven’t used this aircraft before. The RJ85’s used by Cityjet i find more stable and comfortable, if not as spacious as the BA Flight.

We were told we would be given “a snack bag with water cuplet”!
    It was the worst offering with least effort of any flight i have ever taken in Europe, pretty pathetic to give out. Cheap biscuits, and 150mls of water, it was left where it was put.
    The crew sat at the back chatting for 20 minutes of the flight.
    A hot drink service would have been simple and welcomed.
    The flight landed 1.10 mins late.
    The pilots were unable to park the aircraft correctly on the stand, according to themselves, so we had to taxi back along the runway making another 10 minutes, and they had to try again!

Cityjet on the same route always offer a full service of hot and cold drinks and a bar, and a simple sandwich. They run to time, comfortable aircraft to fly, and of course the benefits of KLM / AF for my Gold card with Schiphol’s KLM lounge, and in T2 ideal for D departures to the UK.

I cannot think of one thing that was pleasurable with BA on this route. Cheap feel, lazy staff, lack of information, ill thought out check in area (obviously cheaper).
    Never again!

RogEdwards
    Participant

You were lucky even to get the water – I have read elsewhere of no service at all in Y on this route – mainly as there isn’t enough time to serve the CE passengers and provide anything beneficial to the Y pax.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls