BA e-vouchers

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Montysaurus
    Participant

Happy New Year to all posters!
    I kept good records of all my future travel vouchers (FTV) and e-vouchers from March 2020 onwards. When ever I used or part-used one I kept a record and linked it to the new voucher issued in cases of part use. I have about £1000 in two FTV vouchers which BA Customer Services say don’t exist on their screen so therefore “must have been used”. Despite trawling through all my emails and e-tickets I can’t find any record of these vouchers having been used. Customer Services view is that if they can’t see them on the system they “must have been used”.
    Has anyone else experienced this and can anyone offer any advice please.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Depending on how ticket was exchanged it is possible they could consider them used.

For trade bookings if we had a ticket value of say 5k and you wanted to use only £3k and keep the remaining £2k (which logically you would) then we would have to send tickets to BA to reissue and then leave the residual value as a future voucher (in this scenario for £2k). BA would take over the booking and the agent would lose control over the booking (no real biggy). But customer would still have the £2k to use again.

Where we may have had cases where and initial voucher was £5k and a new ticket was £4950 – usually agents would exchange and the £50 be lost – on the basis that the agents could actually manage further changes / cancellations (with client consent).

It is possible BA internally may have reissued and exchanged without leaving a further credit voucher for you (not knowing the BA systems I don’t know if this would be possible to make this “error” or how they default reissued these vouchers / tickets). Knowing BA and IT perhaps something like that has happened??

anyonebutBAirways
    Participant

on every BA booking I had with BA (directly booked) and applied a Voucher or FTV they instantly sent a new Voucher for the remaining balance, the same with everyone I know, so providing the vouchers were issued by BA then you would not have lost a penny, with an agent is a whole new ball game, they are a law unto themselves! I should know I have been in BT for over 30 years 🙂

Montysaurus
    Participant

All my bookings were done directly with BA. Most of the time part used vouchers were quickly replaced by a new voucher for the unused amount but not always. Twice I had to phone BA to chase them up and was given the voucher numbers over the phone but with no email follow up. I was able to use them though. When a BA person says a voucher can’t be seen on the system so must have been used but cannot tell me what it was used for I become suspicious that BA’s IT might be working normally, ie not very well.
    I have started trawling through all my BA emails and bookings from March 2020 but it is a slow, mind numbing task.
    It is either a case of my record keeping is not as good as it ought to be or BA’s IT isn’t either. An evens bet?
    If I’ve spent the vouchers that’s fine; I just don’t trust BA’s systems enough to accept I’ve made a mistake yet.
    I’ll report back on the results provided I live long enough!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lisa
    Participant

Only thing I would add, is that at the very beginning of all the disruption and BA issuing FTV, initially I didn’t receive any FT vouchers when this happened but discovered the voucher code was in fact the original ticket number starting 125- and successfully used this when rebooked. I don’t know when your missing FTV are but could be worth a try…

Montysaurus
    Participant

An update. After several more hours trawling through emails, e-ticket receipts, diaries etc I established that I had in fact used the vouchers. My record keeping was not quite as clear as it might have been. It didn’t help that the quality of earlier BA voucher notifications was poor in terms of cross referencing but as they got the process into its stride it improved dramatically.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls