BA downgrade First to Club

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

Tidmtrax
    Participant

Advice from all you savvy travellers please. 30th wedding annivesary coming up next year so booked with BA miles two return first class to mauritius with BA . BA have now informed me that due to shedule change to new 777 First no longer offered from 2nd May. so we go out out First and back Club. My wife very dissapoited as it was her first time up front. New Club world is excellent but of course not the same
    BA has offered refund on differance in miles between classes. am i being unreasonable in expecting more?
    Anyone else had expierance of downgrades

BABenji
    Participant

Frustrating indeed, but it could have been worse: they could have bumped you when you got to the airport! At least you have the outbound leg…although I don’t know if that makes it any easier to swallow.

There is provision within the EU that should a passenger be downgraded then they are entitled to a refund of the the difference in ticket price between the two classes and BA seems to have done the same here (albeit with your miles).

Naturally you are dissapointed in this outcome (as would anyone be), but given that BA has given plenty of notice and also given that it is for laudable reasons, i.e. a change of aircraft allocation/configuration meaning NO ONE on your flight will be flying in F I hope that makes it more palletable over the coming days.

Binman62
    Participant

BABenji is right and sadly no come back on BA. However had it happend on departure then not only would you have had the fare difference but also at least £750 per passenger. Long gone are the days when BA First class downgrades travelled for free ( compensation back then being the equivalent of First Class one way fare no matter how you paid or what you paid).

Tidmtrax
    Participant

Thanks for the comments. My wife has clamed down now although still upset.

At least the outbound is still F so that we get the Concorde Room.

Return is in new Club World and initially chosen 4E 4F as we do not have to step across anyone to get out. (Returned from MAA in 4E/4F without disturbance) but now see that 1E and 1F are available. Any recommendations. it is a day flight so not much sleeping involved.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls