British Airways – door missing

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

In Cape Town.

Always helps to remove the jet bridge before push back I guess.

BREAKING The door of a British Airways Boeing 777 has been ripped off

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Thank you, love that final line of the report… (though I do feel very very sorry for the passengers on there).

1 user thanked author for this post.

esselle
    Participant

What is it about BA and RSA?

Didn’t they take out a building with the wing tip of a 744 a few years back?

cotswoldsw
    Participant

It was G-YMMH and happened after BA43 arrived (I’d just disembarked). The plane was being pushed back to sit on its remote stand for the day, not when departing as BA42. Was my first experience of club suites and would have been annoyed had I been returning that night and moved to the other flight which is old club world. The flight over was great and the new(ish) hard product is a vast improvement… Not impressed by the one tray meal service but otherwise, all good.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1200200]

Yep. I would have thought “if any passenger has a screwdriver could they make themselves known” was the BA style.

2 users thanked author for this post.

esselle
    Participant

“Doors to manual, and crash check”

4 users thanked author for this post.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

HOT OFF THE WIRE

As part of its strategy to reduce refrigeration costs in Club World, and in anticipation of the separate starter and salad course being reintroduced in that cabin, British Airways has announced that a forward left door will be kept open during flight. This will also deter passengers from mingling around the galleys and toilets as well as ensuring the aircraft remains well ventilated at all times. Ice cream will also be added to the Club Kitchen selection.

Commenting on the new strategy, CEO Sean Doyle says

“We want our customers to be blown away by the new premium focus at British Airways”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls