BA disappoint

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)

• esselle
    Participant

I have just read a review of a flight on Etihad in Diamond first, and learnt that there was a Chassagne on offer, in comparison to a rather humble Chablis Premier Cru in recent BA First flights.

Off to Cape Town in mid November in BA First with my wife. Perhaps they will surprise us with a Corton?

Deleted_User
    Participant

esselle

I thought you were a lady!

christopheL
    Participant

simonhb

I thought you were a gentleman ! 🙂

What’s the problem with a lady drinking a glass of wine instead of a cup of tea ?

Deleted_User
    Participant

Dear Christophe

‘With my wife’

Nothing to do with wine!

HongKongLady
    Participant

Crossed wires I think Christophel he wasn’t being discourteous. He made an assumption on gender

christopheL
    Participant

I didn’t think simonhb was discourteous.
    I just thought his post was funny. But I have to say I didn’t notice the ‘with my wife’ and paid to many attention to the Chassagne, the Chablis premier cru and the Corton

HongKongLady
    Participant

🙂

Deleted_User
    Participant

Hello HongKongLady and Christophe

Something I have learned on this Forum: I am very good at putting my foot in it!

Perhaps I should think more before jumping in at the deep end!

My sincere apologies to esselle.

christopheL
    Participant

Simonhb,
    I think we both have the same problem. At least, it gives us some fun 🙂
    Cheers !!

HongKongLady
    Participant

Gentlemen I agree.

KeaneJohn
    Participant

I have resumed flying BA after using Star Alliance and BMI for years following an incident on BA. Ive flown 10 sectors this year mostly Club Europe but a couple of UK Domestic Sectors.

Without exception, the flights have been great. 3 amazing ones, 1 average one and the others what you would expect. Crews again from amazing, proactive and helpful to don’t give a damn but there for their purpose.

Two delays, one with a connecting flight both handled without fault, regular updates and a rush inter terminal transfer for connecting flight.

Lounge experiences 1 leaving a very sour taste in my mouth but the customary few thousand avios thrown at you. What I would prefer is that something proactive be done about the issue.. it clearly has not as other people have been on other forums experiencing the same issues.

My man problem is the total lack of skills and knowledge at the BA Call Centre. Its almost like they have no training. It took 10 hours on the phone, 2 emails and umpteen failed promised call backs to get alternative flights booked after a cancellation .. Seriously lets the side down Another scenario they were going to overcharge me 50% in avios and an extra reward flight saver booking fee because they didin’t know how to book what I wanted though in this case the call back was made as promised and bookings duly made but if I had accepted the first answer given I would have lost out.

Inconsistency is most definitely the message hear and that shouldnt really be the case if paying a premium fare. I mean what is the Customer Experience or Brand Manager doing to address it.. Why have such a person if they are not going to listen to the experiences of its regular passengers.

Bruce98
    Participant

KeaneJohn

Interesting to read of your challenges with the BA call centre.

I find BA ground services have become rather poor over recent years, the service in the air tends to be better, although can still be inconsistent.

esselle
    Participant

Simon hb

Very much a bloke, but;

Wife, three daughters, two Labrador bitches, Czech au pair, etc, makes our place a touch female in outlook…..

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Bruce98 the Ground Staff at LHR T5 have been virtually faultless as have they been at EDI and GLA.

Probably the worst experience has been at Manchester. On 1 occassion the person on the First/Club and Exec Club Check in was using their phone and I clearly interrupted them as the scowl I got was horrible. The second time again on the Premium Check in the lady there was sat chewing gum with her mouth open. Neither of which looked professional but nothing significant .

Best ground staff at an outstation would have to be Prague without a doubt, prompt efficient check in and boarding.

gsantchurn
    Participant

Recently BA moved its flights from LHR To LGW, with 3 flights a week. to Mauritius. I do not understand this move . I always travel to Mauritius on BA ,which used to connect at LHR. No,w you have to take a coach ( at a cost of GBP28 plus additional charge for an additional piece of luggage, which is often not changeable as if your arrival plane is late you are done Taxi starts from GBP 70. The connecting time between the two terminals are very restricted especially when you are travelling from the states.. Why BA leave at least 1 flight leaving LHR to Mauritius to accomodate its frequent flyers from the US? Emirates are really upping its service by offering a 380 service from Dubai to MRU, with a lot of connections from around the world and Europe. BA is undoubtedly going to lose out on this route.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls