BA Cutbacks & Redundancies At LGW

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

In fact their roles are perfect candidates to be done away with and contracters bought in…If there is any job that requires motivation to do it well its flying an airplane…Just look at Ryanair ..I’m sure Willie would love o’leary’s flight crew contracts

Hippocampus
    Participant

Strong feelings obviously in the result but I’m sure a compromise can be agreed. The general lack of self-pitying bleating and emotional incontinence from LGW crew is notable.

canucklad, ignoring the witless “LHR Airways” jibe, I think you’ll find that BA pilot costs and productivity are actually very competitive as pilots have accepted the need over decades for progressive change to remain competitive and have shown through creativity and commercial acumen that they can achieve savings satisfactory to the company whilst limiting the impact on pilots.

Also the Ryanair model of recruiting pilots is exactly what BA doesn’t want. BA wants access to the best pilots in the market and wants them to be fully BA trained pilots, not outsourced contractors.

ChrisBuda82
    Participant

One main Probs that come being at Gatwick is the low cost airlines eg EasyJet, BA made a bad deal selling GO Airlines along with Gatwick slots to Easyjet for a quick proft at the time. So Gatwick Staff are playing the price of the sell of GO that brought Easyjet as one of the biggest airlines at Gatwick.

GO had a good brand and was making money but UK companies it about the money wait the TOP people making a cream and the low bobs losing out:S

Also due to The Sale of GO to Easyjet, BA Reg lost out as this could have fold in to GO at a later date, with BA keeping there ground crew all over the county.

I think it a bad move for BA not to have there own ground crew, I tend to find non ba ground crews at other airport very rude and do not care as they being contracted and if you do complain northing happens.

BA should have made better use of there ground crew, at Gatwick and LHR, I always found it odd that none of the one world airline use the ground crew of there allys in other countys. This is happing at IAG but only due to them being the same company.

Searive Air what ever they are call are crap!

Hippocampus
    Participant

BA didn’t sell Go nor any LGW slots to EasyJet.

ChrisBuda82
    Participant

They did, I suggest you read the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_Fly

As BA set up the airline GO was sold with exBA slots.

lloydah
    Participant

I thought they did, about the same time that Buzz went to O’Leary

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls