BA Customer Service

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

Well Big Dog
    I never imagined myself as really important, possibly even VERY important and, powerful and influential individual, but going on Pier’s logic…….
    The amount of times members of government (both houses) sat next to me or behind me, including cabinet ministers when I commuted in 1A is too numerous to mention so I must be….
    Now where’s that nuclear button LOL ,

And great to see BA having a sense of humour!

Lionel11
    Participant

Dear all, firstly many thanks for your feedback. This is the very first time I use such a service and I am impressed with your answers. I couldn’t reply earlier as it needs 24h before adding a new comment.

Let me be just clear on the object of my post: As far as I am concerned the case is closed. Obviously I didn’t write a message too long so I could have added more facts like the number of emails, phone calls and time it took to get to the point.

Where we can all agree and what I was expecting was a professional and exemplary good customer service from the very first contact. They had the facts, they could have checked it internally then presented me with apologies and whatever good will gesture maybe. WRONG.
    They do what they often do, as if they had an internal reward for closing and push away complaints as quick and as far as possible.

I am a frequent flyer with over 60 flights a year as well as at least 40 of my work colleagues. Im not too bothered with the regular incidents we face like delays, cancellation, audio…etc

What really got me to act is that this was out of the ordinary and if you could see the picture I took, you would understand better (than a few words). I can guarantee you that not only I didn’t want to get any replacement meal, but I spent the next 24h worried because of a sharp piece of porcelaine I just eaten. The staff was great and looked after me asking me to drink lots and lots of water. Again, the issue is the BA response from their website then phone.

There’s no other way to make the complaint that following the online instruction, and yet their final answer stated that they are not here to deal with complaints? Appalling!

What good will gesture would I have been pleased to get first hand – probably a flight voucher or some cash compensation for the flight. This seems not to far from the EU regulation that can give up to £500 when a long haul flight is delayed. So anything along those lines, and straight away from the first contact with the customer service.

This was a rare incident, witnessed by all, and I was advised to complain. Case closed. Shame.

I would just add that the consequence, looking a the bigger picture here, and following so many disappointing experience with BA customer services, is that we (me and work colleagues) have stopped being 100% loyal to the executive club and it appears that it is better not to be ‘locked’ into an Airline programme. I just flew back from the Middle East with Emirates, and the week before that from Florida with Virgin. Today Im on a short haul with BA. Way to go! No complaint 😉

BA744fan
    Participant

In this instance I would go straight to the top. This is extremely dangerous and could easily have had serious health consequences. Denize McGregor is Head of BA Customer Services. I would be emailing her without hesitation. The next passenger might not be so lucky as you.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls