BA Club lunch review and comments please

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• Stowage222
    Participant

My take on the Postman Frank situation is that he was worn down by BA’s relentless drive to the bottom in terms of cost cutting. He basically couldn’t get the cash from the Board to implement his ideas.

Shame as I felt he was a future CEO for BA but the current (and historic) management culture at the airline obviously was insurmountable.

KarlMarx
    Participant

norbert2008 – 14/11/2014 13:31 GMT

IMHO, Club Europe ended when BA decided to reduce seat pitch from 34 to 30 inches.

It lives on in name only, but is no longer a proper business class, as it is difficult to use a normal sized laptop in row 2 and back.

Chiantikid
    Participant

@stowage222. As an employee I feel the same as you do regarding Frank. He seems to be pretty universally liked and respected within BA unlike many others, but I feel he was literally caught between the drive to cut costs against trying to provide the customers with a premium product and the staff with the correct tools to do the job. A real shame IMO he’s going.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Yes, yes, it was donkeys’ years ago, a different airline and long-haul, so not comparable at all, but I can’t resist posting this link to the way French onboard catering used to be…

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2014/5/22/53812/8564/travel/Throwback+Thursday%3A+Air+France%27s+Tummy-Filling+Transatlantic+Meals+on+the+707

norbert2008
    Participant

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ Ian_from_HKG – 17/11/2014 05:57 GMT

And any idea what, in current prices, a trans-atlantic AF ticket from the 1960s would cost? It’s got to be rather more than a 2014 J class ticket wouldn’t you think?

IanFromHKG
    Participant

No idea at all Anthony – and I don’t think it is in the least bit relevant. If you read my post again, you will see I made it VERY clear I wasn’t comparing. I just thought people might find the article amusing

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls