Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• sofiane
    Participant

My trip was canceled by BA on 20-12-2018 and after several correspondence they decided to reimburse me 256 pounds, after a year no payment has been made to date ???? I contacted the BA agents who took charge of my case again, no response from them? It is really disappointing that an airline worthy of the name ignores these customers for not responding to the promise or even for not responding to an email !!!!

SimonS1
    Participant

It says they were sending you a cheque. If you haven’t received it then either follow it up or raise a case with CEDR.

If it is compensation you are after then unlikely you will get any, as drone activity would almost certainly be classed as extraordinary circumstances.

sofiane
    Participant

The last answer of BA (see below)
    Dear Mr Sofiane
    Thanks for coming back to us.
    I’d like to inform you that we are investigating your case with our Payments team. In the mean while, I’d request you to send us the bank details of your brother’s account along with a duly signed letter from you authorising him to accept payment on your behalf. You can send us the letter using the following address:
    British Airways
    Customer Relations (S506)
    I inform you that i sent the bank détails as requested and i don’t received any thing.
    Best regards

SimonS1
    Participant

OK, but when was that? And what have you done to follow it up?

sofiane
    Participant

see below the confirmation message from British Airways to have received the bank details, and to follow up I sent several messages to BA agents with whom I corresponded but unfortunately they did not respond to my email, then I have decide to contact you on this link to take my problem seriously.

British Airways answer
    03rd FEBRUARY 2018:
    Customer Relations <[email protected]>
    Dear Mr Sofiane
    Thanks for coming back to us. I apologise for the delay in my response.
    I’d like to let you know that we’ve received the authority letter and bank details. However, we’re investigating this case with our Payments team. It might take some time for us to reply back. Please be assured that we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
    I’d also like to inform you that we’ve set up a file for you, and the reference number can be found below. We respond to emails in the order they’re received, so we will be in touch again soon. While you are waiting for your reply there is no need to re-send your email or send a follow-up communication.
    I hope things are resolved quickly for you. We appreciate your patience in this matter.
    Best regards

Aakash Pandi
    British Airways Customer Relations
    Your case reference is: 18698437

SimonS1
    Participant

Well if they are not responding to emails I would submit a complaint to CEDR (arbitration). It’s free and can be done online.

When you say “I have decide to contact you on this link to take my problem seriously” please bear in mind this is an internet board, it is nothing to do with BA and we can’t resolve your issue….

capetonianm
    Participant

Issue summons in the Small Claims Court. You need to send them a letter before action before doing so, in which you specify the amount owed to you, and the reason you believe it is owed to you.

I think the process is valid as the cause for action took place in the UK, even if you don’t live there. You may need a UK address for return of papers.

sofiane
    Participant

Hello
    I think that it will be better if you Would like submit a complaint to CEDR (arbitration)
    Best regards

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=983595][/postquote]

Good luck.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I think you will need way more than ‘good luck’ for CEDR to be of benefit in this case….

Otte
    Participant

Let me tell you,these days not many airlines if any are any good when it comes to handle CS complaints and refunds etc.
    Their motto is : pay,fly ,and shut up.
    Welcome to this new Aviation world.
    It won’t change,if anything,will get much worse.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls