BA claim for cancelled flight – do they use claims handling companies?

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• FaroFlyer
    Participant

Hello Sparkflyer,

I take back my earlier cynicism about your father. I recently had a serious delay with TAP which has resulted in a 261 claim. All now agreed with TAP, but not yet paid, unlike TUI!

Yesterday I received an e-mail looking to come from TAP, with correct e-mail address, which said:
    “Sir/Madam

During your last flight with TAP portugal, our system detected that your last flight was delayed,
    you are eligible to receive compensation.

Amount : EUR 139

Kindly follow the procedure to receive compensation for flight delay”:

The link gave an Amadeus PNR number which I looked for in my booking history, but was not there. The error of portugal, not Portugal, also alerted me. It was a true PNR 6 digit number.Today, using a public computer, I followed the link and it was a “phishing” style link.

I apologise for doubting your father.

CHRSflyer
    Participant

You’re talking about refund that all companies do pretty quickly, but when it comes about UE laws compensation BA and others (Swiss for example) do everything to not pay what they have to. And in those cases third parties were for me very efficient.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls