BA Charter Flights ex. LHR

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

Hi all,

Spoke to a colleague regarding lounge access and charter flights.

Obviously BA do not sell the seats and the revenue comes from the chartering of the aircraft. Catering, lounge access etc is provided by the company chartering the aircraft.

However, BA will typically admit BAEC silver/gold to a BA operated lounge as there is no real cost to BA here (depending on how much fizz you can down in a few hours I guess!). Where you will likely not have any luck is requesting lounge access from a non-BA operated lounge as this cost will be attributed to BA and not the charter company.

Hope that helps.

SimonS1
    Participant

Just as a matter of curiosity – if I turned up at another OW lounge with my card and boarding pass, how would they know? Would scanning the BP highlight it, or is there a specific class on the BP?

Maxfkl1486
    Participant

HI all,

Just to let you know if you haven’t heard of http://www.aviplaza.com it might be interesting to check it out.

You can request a quote for a flight and receive multiple offers from which to choose from given by operators and brokers from anywhere.

Also, its free and no commission fees are required for the website. Directly contact the charter provider of your choice.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls