BA Cairo business class

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=1115710]

Didn’t the “rag” get removed as part of an “enhancement”?

Travelcruiser
    Participant

Thanks for that Esselle. Do you want to tell them or should I?! Lol

1 user thanked author for this post.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

LX, LH, Austrian all now use the European seating in business as well.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

I can sympathise very much with the OP. Happily Accra is considered long-haul, although sometimes the flight is only 5.5 hours (usually closer to 6.35). We get the 777 although sometimes it is replaced by the 350, which is a bonus (for business class).

In December I will be flying this route and then onward to Tirana, Albania – also BA, also business class. That will be a 3-hour flight on a 320 I imagine, with Club Europe facilities. The only saving grace is that the second flight is only around 20% of the cost of the first. However the difference is huge.

Travelcruiser
    Participant

Lugano Pirate true but the flight time is less from Central Europe at around 3.5 hours. It’s five to CAI from London.

maxgeorge
    Participant

LHR-CAI?

Turkish via IST.

2-2-2 seating, yes, but proper Business seats, plus superb food and surprisingly good domestic wines..

2 users thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Travelcuiser, It’s just over four hours from Frankfurt and from Paris it’s 4 hrs and 25 mins.

Did you see one of my postings above ?

Right now AF deploys a long range B777-300ER between CDG and Cairo.

Things can and do change flying to that area.

When I took Swissair ZRH-CAI in the mid-1970s I flew in a DC-10.

Travelcruiser
    Participant

Many thanks Alex for that tip
    And to everyone for their comments and suggestions. I shall certainly look around for another airline when I book again in January.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[postquote quote=1116644]

Yes, I agree, and i thought of that, but many people here were very unhappy when they started to use the the European configured business class. I flew to Amman in a reasonably comfortable and proper business class with Royal Jordanian, and back with Austrian which was European configured. Quite a difference and several passengers were complaining. On top, now, I believe the flight leaves in the middle of the night with the three carriers so it’s also an uncomfortable sleep!!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls