BA beards

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

Nothing wrong with beards, as long as they don’t become compulsory!

MarkivJ
    Participant

LOL, for a minute I thought this thread was about BA FAs moonlighting as beards!

As for the original subject though – I really don’t have an opinion as long as the service is good. I hardly shave and almost always sport a 4-5 day stubble.

TheRealBabushka
    Participant

“BA Beard”

For a moment there I thought this post was a comment about BA’s gay flight attendants and their hags! LOL

I thought the hipster bearded look is on the way out?

Globalti
    Participant

More interesting is the question: why have beards suddenly become fashionable?

Is it because many people have seen Muslims sporting magnificent bushy beards in their town and thought: “Hmmmm…. that looks quite manly actually”?

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Recent research has suggested that beards and toilets have similar bacterial loads!

conshaldow
    Participant

@ PeterCoultas

To say beards and toilets have similar bacterial loads is crazy…
    Beards are much dirtier.

Sincerely,

Man Who Cannot Physically Grow A Beard.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just been reading how much bacteria is carried on shoes and bought into the home, or by extension, aircraft cabins. Should we ban beards and shoes on aircraft from now on 😉

OneA
    Participant

…its when the females in the crew start to sport beards that things become worrying!

(Sorry if this obvious comment has already been made – blatantly)

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I believe beards on Austrian female crew is now mandatory following their Eurovison win 😉

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ Peter Coultas

From something I’d seen on the box, I have a recollection that your average lavatory is cleaner than a kitchen worktop because of the use of such things as bleach rather than a damp dish cloth. I don’t know whether bleach is recommended as a grooming aid for beards though….!

@ LP

And i had thought that it was just Russian female shot-putters….

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Keep calm about the bugs in the beards, and indeed in the kitchen, the loo, your feet, and indeed almost everywhere! They are often our friends, mostly we live in peaceful co-existence, and only occasionally they make us ill. The point is just to avoid the bad ones, and not try and make everything sterile. Make your gut sterile and you will feel quite ill.

As many will know, there is some evidence that making a baby’s world too clean may have bad effects on the developing immune system. Personally, the bacteria in the beard (and indeed in le barbu) have never caused me any harm.

NTarrant
    Participant

Mmmmm! Perhaps it was my beard that put me in a Sri Lankan hospital for a few hours at the weekend and not the dodgy curry!

jsn55
    Participant

So true, DavidGordon. We horse people eat dirt, and we never get sick. Personally, I find beards extremely unflattering but they’re better than that fakey “stubble” look on all the models. I do understand, tho, if you’re bald …

AisleSeatTraveller
    Participant

Mr Branson will always have a steward’s job with his face fungus …….

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls