BA baggage on belt alert

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• EasternPedlar
    Participant

The last two times that I’ve flown into T5, I’ve received a message from BA to advise me that my bag had reached the belt. The message comes a minute before the bag actually comes up, so the sensor must be at the point where they are loaded. A great development from my point of view – I can stand away from the scrum at the belt and come forward once I receive the alert.

Is this something that they are trialling, or are all pasengers getting the alerts ?

DavidSmith2
    Participant

When you check in, do they add something on your BA App – like a virtual baggage tag or something? It seems it is a BA App feature which has recently been activated. But I don;t know if it works if you only check your bags in the old-fashioned way, with printed tags. I’ll be flying in to T5 in a couple of weeks so I’ll see if it works for me.

EasternPedlar
    Participant

@DavidSmith2 – I checked in as normal with the tag printed at the desk. One flight was from TLS, the other from FCO. The tag numbers would have been captured in the PNR, and they’ve gone a step further and linked that information to the belt reader. Well done, in my opinion!

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls