BA B777-200 vs. B777-300ER

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

Flying business class to ORD later this month. Inbound flight will be on a B777-200 while outbound, on a new B777-300ER. As in general I am trying to fly BA on 747s, I am not sure I already tried their new B777-300ER. Should I expect anything different?

Thanks

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Swissdiver

The -300 will be new, will have the new IFE system, will have steam ovens, will have new first and the new WT/WT+ seats. NCW seats are the same spec as the -200s, although I assume that they will be new build.

The -200 may or may not have those options (it will not have steam ovens, it will have NCW seats.)

I haven’t been on a -300 yet, but have to say that the BA -200s I travelled on extensively last year gave few clues to their age in NCW. They were in very good condition, with the exception of the loos, which looked tired.

JordanD
    Participant

Take the -300ER. For the IFE alone, it is definitely worth it. Miles ahead of the old system and when the ‘old’ 772s are upgraded, the benefits will be seen by a far wider group.

BTBAsccm
    Participant

Swissdiver. I would really give the 777-300 a try. It’s a great plane to fly on. Has really impressive and reliable IFE. You didn’t say which cabin you would be traveling in. If it’s First, expect the ‘new’ BA First. Club is the same as you would find on a 777-200. Seats in Traveller+ and W/Traveller are the design that BA will see delivered on all new future aircraft, and is a much better seat in comparison to the 747 or 772.

Have a great flight.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thanks. @BTBAsccm: Actually it seems I’ll fly both…

marcusfrequentflyer
    Participant

I have mixed feelings on the new 777-300ER.

The new entertainment system is way ahead of the hold one that seemed to crash and stall all the time and of course the aircraft is newer and cleaner with no signs ‘yet’ of the typical bad maintainence that is typical of many BA Aircraft.

I flew on the 777-300ER to Delhi a few months ago and was impressed with the new first but the washrooms are a disgrace. They have positioned them at the back of each cabin unlike the 777-200s, which is daft and leads to queing like in economy so in a full club cabin that can be awkward walking all the way down to the back when sitting in the front of the cabin.
    Also the washrooms in a first class cabin were just like in economy, unlike the washrooms on the 777-200 and on the 747 so they could have put a bit more thought into this…i went for a stroll down the back and The new Economy seats looked pleasant but im not sure about the new WT+ as they seemed to be missing the leg rests……..and did not look that much different from the economy seats …..but the cabin looks nice. .Will be interesting to see what you think of the new aircraft.

GoonerLondon
    Participant

If you like a window seat – avoid the front row. There is a ‘window’ gap, meaning its mainly wall. Felt a bit claustrophobic, so I switched and sat further back.

Swissdiver
    Participant

16A today on a 777-300. Regular CW seat with slightly more leg room (I am 6″4). Food and wine as usual: OK but no more. Great IFE and screen as mentioned earlier. Hope to see this on the whole fleet.

Walked down the cabin: the new economy and premium economy seats look far better than the average. The flight was full, so could not try…

Swissdiver
    Participant

15K last night. Regular CW. Extra legroom. But non AVOD IFE system! I thought these ones were retired… Luckily for me, the movie I planned to watch was among the few choices (Lincoln Lawyer – pretty good). Flight however was too quick (ORD-LHR in 6 hours -> short night!).

A friend of mine was travelling in WTP on the same flights. It seems the new ones (on the B777-300ER) are really far better than the old ones.

BGIWorldTraveller
    Participant

I can’t wait until they finish upgrading the other aircraft. Particularly G-VIIA, G-VIIB and G-VIIF!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls