BA Avios availability in F – July 2012

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Anonymous

ItsTheHud
    Participant

I’m trying to redeem an AMEX 2-for-1 voucher for travel in F next July. I can’t find availability on any longhaul route (even NYC which should have loads of space this far out). I’m trying to book from LHR – out on 13-Jul-12 and back on 16-Jul-12 – and it appears as if all routes have been blocked until mid-August – maybe something to do with London 2012? Can anybody help or cast any light on this, please?

VintageKrug
    Participant

London 2012.

ItsTheHud
    Participant

Thanks VK for the quick reply. Do you have any insight as to whether this blackout period will be relaxed or is it policy? Also (out of interest) is this blackout for all flights, all classes or limited to just F?

VintageKrug
    Participant

No.

Just keep checking back regularly – availability does open up at odd times, and check for one ways as well as round trips.

Plus you can mix classes so if there’s no F you could try J on one sector.

ItsTheHud
    Participant

OK thank you – will do

snowbaked
    Participant

Me too, trying to get a flight to LAS next november in F or C.

ItsTheHud
    Participant

VK, you say that you can mix classes – is that the case for an AMEX 2-4-1 Avios flight too? I think the system forces you to choose one class of flight for both legs?

flareandtouchdown
    Participant

TheHud! to mix classes you’ll need to call BA Exec Club to book it. However you can search as one way’s in each class respectively to check availability

ItsTheHud
    Participant

Thanks f&t

NTarrant
    Participant

You can mix classes online. You should select the highest class and you should then get options. So if you are looking for F one way search for F and it will give you the other options down to WT. Not sure if it will on 2 4 1 but you can on ordinary miles, sorry avios.

If you want something particular then you would have to phone.

openfly
    Participant

I was also looking at redeeming a 2 4 1 voucher yesterday for F travel next Oct. There was no availablility, online, to anywhere!

I telephoned the BA Gold line for help. The very helpful agent explained that there is a glitch in the system, after the introduction of Avios, which will take a few days to sort out. Randomly it is affecting normal Avios bookings. He found F seats on his screen and on the date that I needed.

ItsTheHud
    Participant

Sounds like good news. Hopefully it’s the glitch that’s causing the July / August dates to be blacked out and not London 2012. Will check again next week

first_class_please
    Participant

TheHud, 13 – 17 possible for Newark.

Otherwise give the Exec Club a call to check.

ItsTheHud
    Participant

Thanks first_class_please

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls