BA – atrocious behaviour

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

OneA
    Participant

My daughter was returning on 275 from LAS in F, seat 1K on Wed 11th June. My wife and I are Silver and she will be too after her next BA flight. At the gate, upon submitting her boarding pass, issued at check in 3 hrs previously, (02.00 BST) she was moved to 5E for “”operational reasons”” . I asked the typically disinterested American BA agent what the operational issue was and she replied that a Gold + member has INSISTED that his wife and kid be moved to 1K and 2A or he would take his business elsewhere!!! I don’t know who this tattooed lout was but this is an outrageous way to treat fare paying passengers! Frankly BA would be much better off without custom from such vile specimens. This is in my opinion a complete abuse of “operational reasons”. I also doubt that the agent (I withhold but know her name) got the instruction to “do as he said” from London as it was by that time about 4AM in London and I very much doubt that BA would be wasting money on staffing a call centre for such arrogant idiots. The CSD had to move 5 F passengers to simply satisfy the rantings of this fool. If he flew F any way frequently, he would know that row 1 is released 24 to 36 hours before the flight unless booked by genuine BA regulars; so he had his chance, but was pipped to the post by my daughter – he just needed to get over it and act like an adult.
    I am totally disgusted by BA in allowing and encouraging such disgraceful behaviour. It’s actions like this which continue to drive people away to the competition. I only stick with BA as the cabin crew are first rate and the CSD (again name known but withheld) in this circumstance was ace and ensured that my daughter had a private window seat despite the action of this reprobate.
    Thanks for a great end to my daughters 21st birthday present BA!!!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

is it Groundhog day??

mkcol74
    Participant

MartynSinclair +1

Alkaseltzer
    Participant

I had a similar experience,flying from VRN on 12 June. My booked seat was confiscated at the gate & was told I had “new seat” in back row of Club….. with various adverse consequences.
    BA has a very clear published policy on seat reservations… they can be cancelled only for change of aircraft/configuration/ other safety reasons…but it is acting in contravention of this policy.
    I have already pointed this out &, not hearing more,will renew my complaint.

rferguson
    Participant

Did you not start exactly the same topic the other week?

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/ba-bullying-passengers

GrahamSmith

Yes, apart from the seat numbers, this appears to be almost exactly the same incident. In which case, please discuss it in the old thread.

Even if it is a second separate incident, it is an identical situation with the same airline, so please discuss it in the previous thread.

Closing thread. Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls