BA at its very best

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

openfly
    Participant

On boarding, the Cabin Service Manager looked at my boarding card and welcomed me back to BA….he had noted the Gold status. During the flight he and the lady he was working with called me by name. Would I like a second coffee…smiling, polite, smart. They seemed to remember three or four names around me…who were probably Golds….hey impressive! The girls were wearing hats so I assume that they were the new fleet.

On arrival at LHR the CSM bad me farewell by my name and shook my hand. All this cost absolutely nothing….but achieved a lot of goodwill.

And this was on a 30 minute MAN-LHR, full flight!!!! See, it can be done.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Openfly

Sounds very much like my two mixed fleet experiences recently and quite different to some of the poor CE experiences I’ve had in the past, with unsmiling robots. (Never experienced in NCW, in fairness.)

I found the PAs and conversations quite different to legacy BA, as I said on another thread not inferior, but a different tone.

Did you notice this, at all?

It can be done, you are right and it is a welcome return to the attitude of the past.

fclassflyer
    Participant

I flew to CPT on 27th Nov and back again on the 30th. Was delighted to have NF all the way there and back (cutting to the chase – I have a gold card on Emirates as well and have flown their A380 and 777 suites a lot – NF has the comfier bed).

The crew was the same on the way there and back (owing to 2 day layover in CPT). On the way out the crew were courteous, professional and service was impeccable.

On the way back, the crew members immediately remembered me and to my great surprise, could recall all my preferences (right down to removing the sugar coated nuts from the current nut selection that is now served with pre-dinner drinks). I did not have to remind them about a single thing.

Prior to landing, CSM came to see me, thanked me for my custom. Just the right amount of conversation for 6am in the morning.

in 20 years of flying first and business class, I have not had service that has bettered this experience on GF, EK, TG, SQ, CX, IT, 9W, MH. No need to even mention the amateurs at VS.

Well done BA – just waiting for the next F Sale to book my next set of returns for 2012.

rferguson
    Participant

fclassflyer glad you had a good flight. Us legacy lot aren’t too bad either!

For those interested Mixed fleet routes are:

Shorthaul: Prague, Pisa, St Peterburg, Budapest, Kiev, Tripoli, Manchester, Hamburg, Vienna, Lisbon, Paris (ORY), Lyon*, Toulouse*.

Longhaul: Denver, Las Vegas, Mauritius, Tokyo Haneda, Luanda, Rio, Phoenix, Accra, Chicago, Abuja**, Boston***

* Route transfers to MF FEB.
    ** Route transfers to MF JAN
    ***Route transfers to MF APR

MartynSinclair
    Participant

openfly, you reinforce what has been said on many occasions before – the cabin crew led by the CSM are the on board “British Airways experience” (or indeed any other airline).

cr@p crew = a “never going to fly this airline again” comment

good crew = doesn’t usually result in anything more than a good flight comment on leaving the aircraft.

Quick to complain and just as quick to praise.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls