BA Arrivals Lounge Guests

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• TonyR
    Participant

Just wondering why, when you can take a guest into BA Departure Lounges, you can’t take one into the arrivals lounge? Arrived back this morning with my partner after a year away and looking forward to a full english only to be told my Gold Card didn’t give a guest access unless they were also Gold or travelling in Club/First.

esselle
    Participant

I’m guessing at an answer here, but I imagine it is because arrivals lounges tend to be a lot smaller than those in departures, with a relatively high demand for access to showers. Limiting access seems a sensible way of ensuring these limited facilities don’t get overcrowded.

TonyR
    Participant

Never seen it anywhere near close to crowded when I’ve been there though. But maybe you’re right because Virgin are the same it seems

AlanOrton1
    Participant

I suspect esselle is correct, arrivals lounges have historically had a different set of entry rules. The website isn’t totally clear about if guests are or are not allowed in, though it doesn’t state that they are, which I guess would be their defence.
    As a gold member travelling long haul in Y or PE it isn’t a bad perk – only if you’re travelling solo!

SwissExPat
    Participant

Beford covid, I was returning long haul to LHR (in Y+) and was gold BAEC at the time.. A colleague in Y was able to join me in T5 lounge (airside as we were connecting onwards) and he was also able to get a shower as my “‘guest”.

TominScotland
    Participant

SwissExPat, that is because the airside lounge is a departures lounge……

2 users thanked author for this post.

Annfro
    Participant

correct, no guests at LHR ARRIVAL L
    unless you are on a Gold Guest List and entitled to have one guest with you

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls