BA Amex Card 35% off at Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

Binman62
    Participant

Got an offer in the mail today from the BA American express card.
    The offer is 35% off best available rate booking via

http://www.ihg.com/amex35

Full prepayment and no refunds but you do get double miles.
    Availability limited to Fri Sat Sun but some midweek availability may be available.

On the face of it a good deal.

However caveat emptor…..

Web site does not currently work. When you hit search it states IATA number should be 8 characters. I did not insert the IATA number, it is automatic and cannot be removed.

Nor do these stays count as qualifying nights, so no priority club points. That also means they do not count towards the other ICHG promotions on at the moment ,including stay 3 nights and get a 3000 point bonus. Far more valuable that the discount and double miles.

The clincher however is that the flyer has pictures of London, Paris and Rome and states boldly that this offer (and a special 2-4-1 offer that will be given if you book the 35% off offer) is available at hotels in the UK and Europe.

Read the small print and the offer is in fact only available in the UK and 7 other European countries not including Italy.

I have to say that I would rather BA offered nothing to their long suffering UK members rather than trash like this as it simply reinforces (IMHO) the view that BA have abandoned the UK to the realms of a simple transit point, in favour of Europe and the United States.

However, if you can navigate the web site,are not a priority club member and keen to stay in Stuttgart on a wet Friday and Saturday in February, then this offer may be just right for you.

conair346
    Participant

Just to throw it out there, the picture of the restaurant that is ‘step 2’ is Glasshouse Restaurant at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre.
    I’ve spent a long time there, so that picture gets boring!

The IATA bit is annoying, so just add a 1 in and it works.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls