BA: All Classes Summer 2011 Sale Fares Loaded – Book By 20/9

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

• Anonymous

continentalclub
    Participant

The Summer Sale is now live at:

http://tidd.ly/1e93e8ad

Examples:

World Traveller/World Traveller Plus/Club World/First

New York fr £396 / £674 / £1752 / £2750
    Boston fr £360 / £638 / £1740 / £2738
    Los Angeles fr £457 / £895 / £2318 / £3032

Amongst these destinations, in Y&W, Boston is cheaper than last time; NYC and Los Angeles are more expensive.

Tel Aviv fr £380 / £560 / £1010 / £2010
    Dubai fr £453 / £648 / £1700 / £3000
    Abu Dhabi £379 / £609 / £1541 / £2741

Tokyo £543 / £955 / £2398 / £4098
    Hong Kong £617 / £1029 / £2447 / £4147
    Singapore £669 / £1091 / £2697 / £4197
    Sydney £979 / £1488 / £3264 / £4764

Overall, discounts in F are the largest in % terms with Y much more marginal.

As always, the best availability is likely to exist now, before the marketing starts.

Sale fares are valid for outbound travel on selected routes from 01 September to 30 June; book by 20 September.

Edited: to update Sale landing page. The further 10% discount code offer has now also expired.

Bullfrog
    Participant

So can we book now or we have to wait until tomorrow ?

Are the fares which are discounted by the code ‘brighton’ also available with a shareholder discount ?

continentalclub
    Participant

You can book now, Bullfrog. I think, but I’m not sure, that you can combine the shareholder and ‘brighton’ discounts.

Just try a booking and see what happens.

Danwolf
    Participant

@ ContinentalClub: Thanks for the 10% discount code, just booked 2x CW flights. Helped especially as one of them was an open jaw!!

NTarrant
    Participant

Bullfrog yes you can use the brighton code with shareholders discount. I have already done it.

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

I got a great deal this morning flying to SYD in F for the family and used the 10% discount – so very pleased (and will also get New First!)

continentalclub
    Participant

There remains a little over 4 hours to take advantage of the ‘brighton’ 10% off promotion code on top of the newly-loaded sale fares.

continentalclub
    Participant

The ‘brighton’ code has now expired and public advertising of the sale has begun:

http://tidd.ly/1e93e8ad

There’s also an opportunity to win a holiday to St Lucia.

JordanD
    Participant

The only problem with this sale and with the brighton code before is the restriction attached to it.

I’m not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth, but if you’re trying to go anywhere that’s a little off network – Peru for example – you’re scuppered because the discounts only apply to BA metals or relevant codeshares (JSA, TATL Agreement). So to get to Peru, the discount is only valid as far as Madrid (or Miami, which is the less preferred route). Great offer, just a shame that it doesn’t extend further into the OneWorld alliance (I am trying to spend my money with them after all).

RICHARDGALE
    Participant

When will BA launch an “autumn” sales for passengers ticketed from the US and members of US BA Exec Club?

Stretch
    Participant

Will there be another sale later this year? I can vaguely remember there being one towards end October/beginning November, or am I imagining things?

openfly
    Participant

BA Sale…whos kidding who?

Just looked at LHR-CPT, LGW-AGP, LHR-JNB and all the premium fares are the same as pre-sale last week…except that LHR-CPT First is MORE expensive!!!!

AuldReekie39
    Participant

I booked 2 tickets on WT+ upgrading with miles to CW from LGW-MCO-LGW in the BA June sale for travel in May/June 2012 as they were supposedly good value. The current August sale for the same itinerary is 20% cheaper. My wife and I are Silver members so I contacted the Exec. Club and tried to cancel and re-book but was told the original booking is not refundable. I enquired if they would offer a credit rather than a refund to book other BA flights to other destinations in the future up to the value of the credit. No was the response. The lesson for me is ‘Do not book 11 months in advance’ and give serious consideration if trying to stay loyal to BA is worth it as they do not appear to reciprocate by their rigid inflexibility. Is there a procedure to appeal higher up the chain?

NTarrant
    Participant

DFS have a sale on almost every day of the year, if you buy a sofa in the January sale for £1,000 and then find in in the August summer sale at £700 and nothing to pay until 2020 do you go back to the shop and ask for your money back? Simple answer no and if you did the answer would be the same as BA.

A friend of mine had exactly the same problem as you AuldReekie39 but with Virgin to the same destination. However, if you are fixed on your holiday dates, not booking 11 months ahead may mean you don’t get the flights you want or the price is much higher.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls