BA A380 provisional seat map

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 113 total)

• FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I wish BA had gone for a staggered layout in business, like Etihad, where each seat has direct aisle access.

When I need to sleep, I really don’t like people climbing over me or having to climb over others to get out, when I need to.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

You may still get direct access on the window seats and possibly in the middle seat of the top deck as the layout is 2 – 3 – 2 not the traditional 2-4-2 like you will get on the lower deck or on other aircraft.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Don’t see how that will work, Becky.

For example, in the 4 class 777, only 10 B/J and 15A/K are direct access, with no other pax stepping over you.

Even a standard aisle seat (B/J) with aisle access force the window seat pax to step over you and this nearly always wakes me up.

In the 3 seat config, if it works like other NCW seats, than it will be a 50% probability of someone clambering over.

Even though the NCW seat in Z configuration is much more comfortable than the EY seat partially extended, I’d still choose EY every time as sleep is vital for me.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

No idea.. as a guess… (i may be wrong)

Its a new model type of A380 and the worlds largest pax aircraft, so there may be more space between each seat and BA may have made some adjustments to the seat design to allow for direct isle access. So instead of the foot rest being attached to the seat in front it may be else where.

so NCW ver.1.1..?

Shamsh1
    Participant

Becky, the F-suites in EK or QF are a class not to becompared with BA, aswell as the C-sleeperseats are much wider and in a 1-1-1 or 2-2-2 config instead of 2-3-2 as BA plans. It’s the question, if you want to get as many pax into the aircraft or offer something special for your premium pax.

This is a once-in-a-century chance to establish a new standard for F and C. EK and QF took advantage of it. BA in on the way to compete in the max-pax sector and as I have a choice, I will chose one of the other airlines for longhaul. Pricewise there will be no difference for us.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Shamsh1,

If you really want the best forget Emirates and take Etihad, they are officially have the worlds no1 first class according to Skytrax.

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards_2012/fseats.htm

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards_2012/fclass.htm

The market BA covers is very different to that of EK and they are certainly not delusional about what the competition offers. BA’s biggest market is the US where and the BA first seat is better than most of the US rivals possibly with the exception of AA’s new first. The reason why BA has higher density seating is due to a non pro aviation UK government. So they have to run their business with the limited resources such as LHR with just 2 runways. If the UK adopts the idea of the Thames hub/Boris Island then maybe this will change.

Otherwise its a case or each to their own…

JasmineBear
    Participant

Pretty new to the forum, so may be being dense, but I count 56 CW in the Upper deck and thus 472 total?

Have I viewed the map incorrectly ?

jayjay007
    Participant

lloydah-middle seat turning backwards
    havenĀ“t you, guys, figured it out yet ? this middle seat is for us here in this forum that make bad comments abou BA ! WW ,like bigbrother,is watching us …

DontTurnRight
    Participant

Looks like first chance to try A380 will be on LHR – Madrid route for a month prior to scheduled introduction.

WoburnMan
    Participant

Looking at the new seat plans I see that BA have removed one of those middle seats on the upper deck in CW that’s a good move! at least us blokes don’t have to sleep with one other now … Tend to agree that the config doesn’t look spectacular with the different product mix on the upper deck time will tell I suppose. I wonder if they will increase the size of the toilets – don’t know if anyone remembers the toilet on the old classic jumbos nearer the first class cabin that’s the size they need to bring back.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Gentlemen ,

Would you kindly advise the start date of those LHR/MAD flights with the A380 ??..I could not identify it on ba.com …………many thanks !

DontTurnRight
    Participant

KSHaggag – no details yet. got the info via one of BAs pilots.

GordyUK
    Participant

“at least us blokes don’t have to sleep with one another now”??? what kind of crass, bigoted statement is that.? When, in the history of aviation, have 2 seats been so close, you’d feel you were in bed with someone? I bet you’re a joy to travel with!

do you still call the cabin crew ‘hostesses’ and pat them on the rear as they pass, too?

WoburnMan
    Participant

GordyUK – firstly it wasn’t to offend but having said that I take it that you are not a CW traveller or you haven’t be lucky enough to bag yourself an e or f seat it that cabin where you are forced to sleep next to someone you don’t even know. I would class myself as a joy to travel with always polite and very respectful to cabin crew and I certainly would not pat someone on the rear as they pass by … The fact that BA has slightly changed the lay upstairs on the 380 is a bonus which provides better private personal space!

GordyUK
    Participant

Jason, I apologise if my comment was overkill but I really don’t know what you’re getting at. The implication seemed to be that it would be perfectly ok if the other passenger in an E/F was female. How do you think SHE might feel having to “sleep with a strange man”?

I’ve been in C/W more than any other cabin and in E/F 4 times. I get that its more suited to a couple but there is a privacy screen. It’s hardly like a SQ double suite

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 113 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls