BA 789 First on the A380

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

Speedbird101
    Participant

Does anyone know if the First fitted to the BA 789 (the latest iteration of BA’s First product) will be installed on the A380s that are to join the fleet in the coming months? Seems odd that they wouldn’t have it, given that it’s the latest product.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

It might seem odd that a new aircraft doesn’t have the latest seating.

But that’s because aircraft manufacturers need lots of lead in time for seat installation and modern premium seating is more complex than ever before.

In the intervening period, passenger preferences and taste can change.

A prime example here would be the A380s of Air France and Lufthansa.

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

No it won’t be. The 787-9 F cabin has been specifically designed for that aircraft, just as the A380 F cabin was.

I suspect that the next evolution in F that we will see will be on the A350-1000s which are three years away from delivery. It is likely those planes will also see a new Club World product, although I think that will be revolutionary rather than evolutionary.

Speedbird101
    Participant

AMc – yes, I guess it’s simply just a regular feature of the airline business now that airlines have inconsistent products among their fleets. AA, Emirates and Etihad come to mind too. Although, Virgin Atlantic are investing to remove their inconsistency from Upper Class (re removal of the UCDS).
    It’s a shame though re BA, as the A380 First product somehow looks bland/incomplete. I can’t explain what it is, but the cubicle/suite the seat sits in looks unfinished and I had hoped that it was just an intervening product.

HedgeFundFlyer – I’ve seen concepts filed at the IPO. Will be interesting to see what comes next. It would be nice if they could do the First internal window blind (i.e. 747/777 style) in Club World too – I love that feature.

Gold-2K
    Participant

Speedbird – I’m with you on the A380 cabin. Feels like they ran out of time, ideas or money so just painted the MDF walls magnolia. Maybe it will be the next job for DIY-SOS

Speedbird101
    Participant

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head with the magnolia! Especially given that the windows aren’t in the same style as the 747/777, so don’t add to the style /break things up.. The magnolia for me is like the old walnut.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls