BA 787 and A380 delivery dates and numbers

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• RichHI1
    Participant

Some posters prefer flying facing against direction of travel. This was popular in aircraft in the 1960’s and I remember Tridents had some rear facing seats as did many US based 747’s. From my personal case, I suffered an ear infection on trip to Australia with the result that I no longer have the balance to ride a bicycle and when i fly backwards I fill up those nice bags they give us which used to double as film processing bags. That is why I do not like flying backwards. As regards safety, some say that if you have the safer full harness seat belt that flight attendants have in a rear mounted seat then it is safer. As the pilots face forward, i am hoping this too is fairly safe. I have been told the full harness has more effect than direction facing but they are too expensive for pax , too complex for simpletons to operate and impose movement restrictions. Either way in a flat bed you are probably scr**ed.

LeTigre
    Participant

Especially if it’s one of those awful Air France leather not fully flat seats.

It has to be the only seat where in a crash, the material actually makes your body accelerate before slamming you (in pieces) onto the floor.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The AF seats are dreadful; I only hopped to Paris on it, but couldn’t have managed a proper longhaul.

Food terrible also, though their lounge was pleasant enough.

LeTigre
    Participant

I don’t fly Air France because my friends keep having nightmare transfers when they go through CDG, but I guess that isn’t the airline’s fault.

In my view, economy class seats are better value than reclining business seats. If you think, the whole idea is that you are mean to sleep on the way but if you can’t you can save loads of the seat by going eco, paying for lounge access (£20), better travel pillows/blankets (£20) and going for a more comfortable hotel. That is truly economically comfortable.

VintageKrug
    Participant

On shorter day flights, I’m now considering buying Premium Economy after an excellent experience to Sharm El Sheikh for a vacation a while ago.

It’s often easy to upgrade to Club if you really feel like it on the day if a good offer is made (either via cash or points), but it’s really not much of an issue as lounge access (shower, food and a few pre-flight snifters) is free.

I would imagine a trend for the PE cabins will expand, possibly at the expense of F on certain routes. They are surprisingly intimate and calm cabins compared to the dormitories seen in Business Class.

I will let you all know when I steal myself to take the plunge again!

NewBAexec
    Participant

I flew out of LGW last week, and saw a BA 767 parked close to the hangar…it was still there a few days later. It looked like it was under maintenance.

Is there a possibility that BA would move some of the fully refurbished 767s to LGW once the 787s arrive at LHR next year?

RichHI1
    Participant

Obviously there is a set up period after delivery of aircraft does anyone have projected service entry dates for 380 or 787 with BA?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls