BA: 5 day sales exARN/GOT in CW

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

Senator
    Participant

Dear all,

Some absolute stellar deals from Sweden in CW for the summer period. Reaching the US West coast for under £1,600 is nothing but a bargain in my book.

Travel out between 1 July and 2 September

China, Japan and J’burg also comes in around these levels. Very keen pricing on far away destinations. Too bad my BA EC renewal period doesn’t start 8 Aug instead of 8 Sept. A nice LAX run via LHR/LCY/JFK/LAS would have gained 1000 TP return, enough for renewal under the European “grace period rule” of 800 TP for 2012-13.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/business-class-sale/public/sv_se

VintageKrug
    Participant

Some good deals here, particularly Dubai for around £1200 rtn in Club World.

Though I’m still waiting for the exUK Jubilee Sale….

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

DXB is available in J for less then GBP1250 ex LHR with OS and less than 1300 with LX over the next few weeks.

Not a sale, just regular fares.

Senator
    Participant

Lufthansa had a similar sale that ended about two weeks ago, and the BA prices are hands down much cheaper on the longest trips. For example; SFO/LAX were at least £300-400 more return whilst the BOS/NYC are reasonably similar. For the rest, BA is priced keener.

An obvious advantage of the LH prices were that for North America, this was across all Joint Venture partners leaving a lot of choices exARN.

However, the real downside was that all fares are booked in the new “P” fare basis which only awards 100% rather than 200% miles. I know many of you complain about BA and the Executive Club but having seen the downgrade at M&M (some of it understandable) whilst BA EC allow same earn across all fare basis in CW and spend on C to F upgrade I must say that for my travel budget, and from my home airport BA is getting more and more appealing.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I agree that the M&M changes are unattractive.

My comments were aimed at people wishing to fly ex London, who might be considering travelling to Stockholm to start there, which makes little sense when one can find indirect flights from London at keen prices.

Senator
    Participant

FormerlyDoS,

I would be willing to do the opposite; head to LHR for a trip back to Asia if the price was right. From ARN/GOT BA offers a return CE fare for around £250 when booked 28 days in advance and with a Saturday stay. Rarely are there any F sales from Sweden (market is probably too small) on any carrier.

LHR on the other hand, have keen fares in F. Consider that NYC from ARN on LH/LX/UA or BA/AA is at least £5000 and rarely on sale. However, from LHR fares have been south of £3000 on sale to my recollection. Adding a separate CE ticket provides ample saving and is worth the extra travel in my book.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls